Mnaty

pss setup

I'm a bit of a newbie and 100% stubborn, so I've been trying to solve a problem on my own for over a month without luck.

My problem is that I'm trying to get the pss software to connect to my dahua dvr at the remote site. I'm able to connect to the dvr remotely via IPcamviewer on my android, so I know dvr and router are setup properly, but when I try via pss on my desktop I cannot link/detect the DVR.

I'm sure I'm missing a step. I just don't see any good documentation to help me through it on my own.

Can anyone shed some light as to what I may be missing?

Or a guide to properly setting up remote devices?

using 32 channel dahua dvr

comcast high speed internet

d-link dir-655 router

IP address is dynamic and IP is resolved via dyndns

Probably just a difference in the way the IP is typed in. What IP are you using to login to your android. Sometimes I have noticed you have to put the port number after the IP address for IE and PSS.

same ip for both. However, the phone app organizes the data on its own. IPcamviewer just ask for the data and then it does the rest.

however, I just reopened the pss app and by some happen-stance the remote session is connected.

maybe it had to restart, or maybe I got lucky and typed the right combo this time. I appreciate the help and I'm elated that this struggle has come to an end...and I won.

Edited by Guest

just make sure the device is setup properly.

Make sure it is set to a DVR, by default that field is IP camera.

Also make sure you are not logged in too many times under the same user, check the user account is setup for multiuse, and lastly if you use the wrong password 3 times it will lock the account and either have to wait 30 minutes or restart the DVR.