sollman

PSS V4.04 FOR MAC

i install the PSS V4.04 on a mac with 10/7 lion and when i load the soft wear it freeze all the time . when i click on of of the camera it freeze.

help?

Good news! There is an update available. You must be running 10.7.2 (newest update of Lion). Then remove any previous installations of PSS and download the updated version from here:

http://www.worldeyecam.com/dl/General_PSS_Eng_MAC_IS_V4.03.7.zip

Thats an old version (06/09/10), current version is 4.04.7 (15/01/11)

http://www.bahamassecurity.com/downloads/dahua-downloads.asp

Current version does not support Lion.

Dahua says next month should be a release for Lion.

I downloaded this but it seems buggy and works for only a brief time before locking up. I then need to restart the mac to be able to run it again (and it keeps locking up). Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Sean, thanks for the quick reply. I will keep my eye on the forum to see if/when a newer version of PSS becomes available for the Mac.

They said it should be out in a month. But of course they have been saying that for the last few months......

I'll post an update on the forum if I hear anything.

You guys are awesome. I installed the new version and it seems to be working fine now with Lion. Thank you very much!

Hi, i am trying to install pss for mac using xquartz 2.7.0. I am installing first the xquartz, then reboot, then installing the pss. But when i click the pss.app icon, nothing happens (nor the xquartz neither the pss opens). The Xquartz appears to be ok, cause i can see the right version installed in the menu (about x11). Somebody can help me ? thanks.

Thanks for your answer. I have already tried this, it means, completely uninstalled, and installed both of them again, for many times, but the same issue happens. Do you have any other suggestion ? I don´t know where is the problem, if it is in the xquartz or in the pss.

Two things to check:

1) Make sure that you are running Lion. I know this seems like a simple step but if you aren't running Lion, the method you are trying to use won't work. Click on the Apple icon (top left) then "About this Mac." If the version number is 10.7.x, then you are running Lion. If it is anything besides that, you are running a previous OS.

2) If you are sure you are running Lion, try open xQuartz first, then open PSS. Make sure you have v 4.04. That should work. It was a little bit quirky the first time I opened it, but it has worked just fine ever since.

Yes, I am using Lion, and yes, I downloaded the new PSS's version for Lion, and i tried to open the PSS.app while the Xquartz is running. Probably the old X11 is launching prior then the xquartz. Do you thing it is possible, and if yes, do you know how i can fix that? Tks a lot.

I just got cameras installed. We're attempting to use pss v4.04, but I can't see anything on my mac and the tech who installed it doesn't know how to help.

First, problems with firefox. When I go to the new ip address, nothing shows up on the main screen. We thought I may have to create an exception for that site to allow it, but after adding the site, the page is still blank.

Second, problems with pss. Where to begin?

I'm running OSX 10.6.2

Can someone please help?

Thank You!

Mike

It will not work on Firefox. If you want to view from web browser, it can only be Internet Explorer because the web interface uses ActiveX to control and ActiveX is only found on Internet Explorer.

As far as the PSS goes, you shouldn't have any issues running it on 10.6.2. So where you said "where to begin," I need you to begin. Don't know what issue you're having.

I just got cameras installed. We're attempting to use pss v4.04, but I can't see anything on my mac and the tech who installed it doesn't know how to help.

First, problems with firefox. When I go to the new ip address, nothing shows up on the main screen. We thought I may have to create an exception for that site to allow it, but after adding the site, the page is still blank.

Second, problems with pss. Where to begin?

I'm running OSX 10.6.2

Can someone please help?

Thank You!

Mike

4.04 15/01/11 is for MAC OS X Snow Leopard 10.6.3

4.04 15/08/11 is for Mac 10.7, Lion.

Try Mac PSS 4.03 instead.

impressed with this app bit slow to start up but its all there.

still getting to grips with the motion detect playback want to pinpoint it more

doesnt help when customer only has a 500k connection performs well though.

I'm also having the same problem with getting PSS to work on my 10.7.2... On 2 machines!

I can get xQuartz to launch but when I click PSS I get nothing. I'm using the latest 4.04 package.

Did anybody ever find a solution to this? There must be many more that have this problem.

I managed to get it to work on my macbook pro (Fall 2011 model, version 10.7.4). I removed/deleted the old PSS program and PSS folder in the applications folder, then I installed the latest Xquartz from here:

http://xquartz.macosforge.org/downloads/SL/XQuartz-2.7.0.dmg

Then I installed PSS v4.04 from here:

http://www.dahuasecurity.com/File/201202/20120222183223864.rar

If you need a program to unrar it, use UnRarX (http://www.unrarx.com/files/UnRarX_2.2.zip).

Install the program and run the PSS icon (looks like a webcam). For some reason, it's a little slow when it runs, doesn't show the bouncing app icon when it's load, but eventually the Xquartz will load, then the username/password PSS window will pop up and you can login to view the cameras.