austinsevo

quality of dome security cameras

is there a different model name for the flush mount 24s vs the box mount? VCM vs VBM?

The VCM is the flush-mountable model with the back-box for surface mounting. VBMs are surface-only.

There's a thread specifically about this: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=22339

i also have many out (alot) and not seen this. even when the camera switches slow it never gets that bad.

Tom I've installed at least 20 of these over the past year and they were 4 separate orders and all totally different locations - I dont know if they are different in the UK but this is the norm that I have experienced with them purchased from the U.S. Not one of them would switch to BW with any kind of light still in the image, and then they stay in color and can be full of noise. There were at least 3 different firmware versions. I put them on Dahua and GeoVisions (3 diff versions, old and new PCs) - in fact the CNBs look awful on GeoVision especially over the network.

And please trust me when I say I Have GUTTED these cameras, spent a good deal of time with them, had a personal relationship with them, so I have been above and beyond every setting there is. Additionally my results are concluded at the camera before it goes to the DVR so its not a compression issue - although the DVR does bring out the noise alot more, generally remedied with a contrast and brightness adjustment.

The problem is, and these are not alone, is they dont use a photocell - same thing with a $2000 bosch camera set to video switchover, a tiny garden light prevented it from switching, was not until it was set to photocell switch that it then switched over to BW and could see properly. I feel the others have just been lucky, that it was either bright enough for not much noise or their DVR smoothed it out some; OR it was just dark enough for it to switch to BW, which would mean there was little to no light in the image at all.

That said, it would appear that his camera may be faulty if he has moved the light to the left of the camera and it still wont switch, as at least 90%+ of that view is dark enough to switch over.

Either way, the switchover to BW issue was haunting me for a while now, I only keep going back to them because they are so cheap - but now I am looking for something else in the price range that WILL switchover as other TDN cameras do, and hopefully it has a photocell this time. I dont want to get in an argument over these cameras though, obviously I liked them enough to keep buying them, but things change. Really though the resize issue was the last straw though (note the other thread), even if its only one application that it would matter for, and even if it is indeed a Dahua issue in that case, its alot of cameras and alot of money so it needs to be perfect the first time round, and from testing the only cameras it is happening to is the CNB so I have to move onto something else - its get rid of the CNB or get rid of the Dahua, you know which one I will stick by. (for now)

I dont know if they are different in the UK

Pal has always been better with handling colour and low light than NTCS. have you tride the same camera but without the monalisa chip same camera /lens/housing but only 560tvl

I dont know if they are different in the UK

Pal has always been better with handling colour and low light than NTCS. have you tride the same camera but without the monalisa chip same camera /lens/housing but only 560tvl

No I haven't but I would love to. Does CNB still sell them though?

Scanning System 2:1 Interlace

Scanning Frequency (H) 15.625 KHz

Scanning Frequency (V) 50Hz

Image Sensor 1/3 inch SONY Double Scan CCD

Total Pixels 795(H) x 596(V) 470K

Total / Effective Pixels 752(H) x 582(V) 440K

Horizontal Resolution 560 TV Lines

Video Output Level 1.0Vp-p (75 Ohm, composite)

S/N Ratio More than 50dB (AGC off, BW mode)

Lens DC iris varifocal lens (f=2.9-10mm, F1.2)

Digital Slow Shutter Off/2x~160x FLD

Digital Zoom 16x

Day & Night Type ICR (AGC type), Electronic Sensitivity-up (DSS)

Min. Illumination 0.0003 Lux (DSS On, B/W)

OSD On / Off

AGC, BLC, Flickerless Auto / zone selectable

White Balance Auto

Motion Detection 4 Zone

Privacy Zone On / Off (4 programmable)

Electronic Shutter Speed 1/50 ~ 1/100,000sec.

Supplied Voltage 12V DC/24V AC (10V ~ 15V)

Power Consumption Max. 3.3W / 270mA

Camera Construction 3-Axis Movement for free lens rotation

Dimensions 100(ø) x 101mm

Weight Approx. 844g

called the VVP9324WDR

Thats only coming up under a company called Videcon in the UK?

The other option is I build my own.

CNB VBM and VCM domes are sold without the camera

Next get a good TDN board camera setup with AI VF lens, which fits.

DONE