Mnaty

pss playback - dahua dvr

Having playback issues on pss software.

Every time I try to access video playback from the DVR directly on PSS software the control buttons, such as play, stop, fast-forward etc will disappear as soon as I hit play in the search menu to start the feed.

Is this normal?...it appears the only way I can get normal control functions on playback from this software is to record locally onto the computer that is running the software. Is this the only way???

If this is the expected way for PSS to work, then can anyone recommend a different remote-client software that may have better management controls for playback.

You should not be having that problem. Here is a screenshot of me doing what you are trying to acheive:

2490403_pss-1.jpg

Can you post screenshots of your troubles.

Also, what DVR are you using?

using the 32LE

At start of playback the control bar is available:

pss_playback_start-1.png

After searching for video footage the playback is still present:

pss_playback_search-1.png

Once “play” of selected footage is pressed then control panel disappears:

pss_playback_after20pressing20play-1.png

Thanks for the support

note...this same error occurs on two separate installs on different computers. The software was downloaded from Dahua site directly.

That is very odd, never seen that before and I cant duplicate the problem. Of course it looks like your running windows 7 and I run Vista, but I havent heard any problems on windows 7 either. One thing you also may want to check is that your username has full authority on all controls. If that doesnt change anything, Best to contact Ivan at Dahua and send him pics and/or a link to this thread:

http://www.dahuasecurity.com/feedback_list.aspx?p=fwyxz&p_kind=4&c_kind=9&c_kind2=192&c_kind3=

I just tried a 32 channel on XP and no issues, tested 4.04.0 and 4.04.6 same thing.

What version of Win 7 is it and what are the PC Specs?

I dont have Win 7 here to test right now but the PC specs might make a difference.

thanks for the input; I've sent a ticket to Ivan at Dahua and I will attempt to test later today on Vista home

The current installs are on Windows 7 pro 64 -bit

Hopefully, its just a compatibility issue.

I will post after I try on XP and vista

Also try running PSS with XP SP3 Compatibility.

ok, running in compatibility mode with admin rights fixed the problem with playback controls, but still has other compatibility issues, such as lockup when trying to access device config from pss.

I'm going to try some vista emulation and see what happens, then I compare to actual vista and xp installs and post results.

At least now the problem is isolated to compatibility and I can move forward with appropriate fixes .

Kind REgards

Device config does lock up sometimes especially with slow connections.

Its a separate ActiveX they use for that. I plan to make a program just for that one of these days

Another thing, if you had a previous version and upgraded to 4.05, uninstall the older version then delete the entire folder and reinstall 4.05.

I installed PSS on a SLOW Vista Laptop on Saturday, yeah that was fun. I had to create the devices and tasks manually as it had errors reading my preconfigured files - never had issues on Win 7. And forget it the skins and batch files would not work at all. This was Vista Business, but this laptop had major issues anyway, cant even play music files in media player. Got it all working after a while though.

Anyway I highly suggest scrapping that OS for either XP or Win 7.

Microsoft must have been drunk when they conceived Vista (probably still a little drunk when they made Win7 also)

I actually had less problems setting up software in WINE on a MAC!

system is running on windows 7 pro 64...just using vista as a test to see what errors exist in comparison...xp vs vista vs 7. Thanks for the heads up though.

I installed PSS on a SLOW Vista Laptop on Saturday, yeah that was fun. I had to create the devices and tasks manually as it had errors reading my preconfigured files - never had issues on Win 7. And forget it the skins and batch files would not work at all. This was Vista Business, but this laptop had major issues anyway, cant even play music files in media player.

Anyway I highly suggest scrapping that OS for either XP or Win 7.

Microsoft must have been drunk when they conceived Vista (probably still a little drunk when they made Win7 also)

I actually had less problems setting up software in WINE on a MAC!

Darn. Never had any real issues with PSS and Win7 that compatibility mode didnt fix. Even so Ive loaded PSS without compatibility in the past on some Win7 PCs and it worked. It seems to vary between the versions of Win7 or PCs.

What version of PSS is it?

Another thing you could try, PSS installs to a directory in Program Files with an (EN) on the end, Vista kept giving me errors because of that. Try either of the following:

1-Copy everything in the PSS path to a new folder, then run PSS from there.

2-Uninstall PSS then reinstall to a path without the (EN).

3-Lastly, worse case scenerio, like #1 copy everything to a new folder but put it in the User Data Apps folder. PSS writes to the xml files in its path.

Also check the security settings on the PSS folder, make sure it has full admin rights, need to be able to edit and write to files. On Vista I couldnt even edit the INI files in the PSS path manually. I Had to copy the INI files out of the path to the desktop (user data), edit, then copy back. I didnt have time to go through the whole system and adjust the security.

Can anyone please advise if I use the PSS software on the Dahua that I can record similtanous to the PC that I use to monitor the DVR and directly onto the DVR at the same time. I will be using a Dahua 32 channel.

Darn. Never had any real issues with PSS and Win7 that compatibility mode didnt fix. Even so Ive loaded PSS without compatibility in the past on some Win7 PCs and it worked. It seems to vary between the versions of Win7 or PCs.

What version of PSS is it?

Another thing you could try, PSS installs to a directory in Program Files with an (EN) on the end, Vista kept giving me errors because of that. Try either of the following:

1-Copy everything in the PSS path to a new folder, then run PSS from there.

2-Uninstall PSS then reinstall to a path without the (EN).

3-Lastly, worse case scenerio, like #1 copy everything to a new folder but put it in the User Data Apps folder. PSS writes to the xml files in its path.

Also check the security settings on the PSS folder, make sure it has full admin rights, need to be able to edit and write to files. On Vista I couldnt even edit the INI files in the PSS path manually. I Had to copy the INI files out of the path to the desktop (user data), edit, then copy back. I didnt have time to go through the whole system and adjust the security.

Did this work?