MarkR

ptz protocol issue

Good Day...I am having a protocol problem with an older PTZ controller...

The system is being controlled by a Pelco KBD300 and interfaced with the two below listed pieces of equipment and is driving Sensormatic PTZ's using rs422, the new PTZ (hikvision) is supposed to be able to "AUTO" sense the protocol and operate... I believe the problem is in the transimtter unit listed below, but I can find no paperwrk for either piece...does anyone have any ideas or possibly copies of the installation sheets? any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Shanghai Quanan Electronic Company LTD VPMX-1002T Transmitter Unit

Qurten (UTP CCTV) SJ-016R CCTV Twisted Pair Receiver

From what I can google, the two units listed are simply multi-channel active video baluns... meaning they probably don't transmit control protocols. Check your existing cameras and see if they have separate control wires (probably just a single pair)... if so, you'll need similar control wires for the new camera.

Hard to tell much else without specific model numbers of the cameras to look up.

HI. your problem is two differant methods of PTZ control. your existing is Coaxitron. and your joystick.

if you are just replacing your old PTZ for the new one. then just replace the joystick controller (no rs485)

if you are looking at using both then you can get a converter to run your new camera. but adding a second joystick is much cheaper.