higg

bullet ptz cameras, and practicality of application.

Long of the short. Basically I work in a bowling alley. The owners spent a large amount of money on an audio, and security system. The installers food a sub par job to say the least.

Dvrs

3 spec tech 16 ch tn series

1 speco tech 8 channel th series newly added

Current known camera models

Honey well hd51, and hd70 or 73 the ir fixed model

Various other makes and models in parking lot.

newly added

Nuvico cb-hd39n-l

Cnb weatherproof it day/night

So we have 16 cameras in the parking lot. The cables were ran in pvc pipes to light posts, 4 posts 4 cams each. The pipe from the building to the first pole filled with water. I think the pipe cracked and the irrigation fills it 4 days a week. I want to take the cameras down and install inside the building. So I need to cover the lot.

My idea 3 higher end ptz cameras(bullets or dome).

Size 220 ft wide(parallel to face of building) 250 ft out.

Starts roughly 35 ft from building.

15 ft high camera placement.

The weather is dry and most of the time(in az)

Parking lot is decently lit.

Repairing pipe and replacing wire would cost roughly 1500 if I do the labor. I really don't wanna do it.

So basically I need suggestions when it comes to cameras. Will three work? I can probably spend 3500 to 4k.

Also do the ptz cams run their own cycles constantly?

I would need wired.

Can a camera be rented, to test?

I am on a phone, I am more then happy to call and talk if it would be easier... on here is fine as well.

Thanks

Aaron

Posting on a phone is a pain, sorry for the reply.

I posted the other cameras , because I plan to get a controller as well. The cameras inside have given me problems staying in night mode. I believe I can adjust, or restore factory default from the osd.

Side note, I have been self teaching myself. I have used this forum a lot. Kudos to the techs who stay involved. No other forum for security cams I have seen, has this many people willing to help out.

So we have 16 cameras in the parking lot. The cables were ran in pvc pipes to light posts, 4 posts 4 cams each. The pipe from the building to the first pole filled with water. I think the pipe cracked and the irrigation fills it 4 days a week. I want to take the cameras down and install inside the building. So I need to cover the lot.

My idea 3 higher end ptz cameras(bullets or dome).

Size 220 ft wide(parallel to face of building) 250 ft out.

Starts roughly 35 ft from building.

15 ft high camera placement.

The weather is dry and most of the time(in az)

Parking lot is decently lit.

Repairing pipe and replacing wire would cost roughly 1500 if I do the labor. I really don't wanna do it.

So basically I need suggestions when it comes to cameras. Will three work? I can probably spend 3500 to 4k.

Also do the ptz cams run their own cycles constantly?

I would need wired.

Hard to say without a drawing of the layout, but generally, yes, three PTZs should be able to cover all that, although you'd probably want to make sure you use high-quality models with good optics and a high optical zoom factor (ignore digital zoom ratings, it's a useless function on analog cameras).

The downside is, they can still only see one area at a time - you could program a tour or pattern for each one to scan, but it will still only be looking in one direction at any given time. If there's a guard on-duty who can watch an overview camera and then then manually steer the PTZs for a closer look, that may not be s

Can a camera be rented, to test?

Never seen a CCTV camera for *rent*, but an integrator or supplier may be willing to loan one for testing, or install one on a temporary "demo" basis.

I can make a quick layout tomorrow evening at work.

How can cross check camera compatability, with Dvrs? I currently have 3 tn series 16 Chan(pretty outdated I know )and one th series 8 Chan(i would use this dvr)

Just make sure both cameras and DVR(s) support Pelco D or P protocols... most *good* cameras can accept a wide range of protocols, but almost all of them will take Pelco D and/or P, and the majority of even older DVRs should support it as well.

Keep in mind that you'll have to get signal to them somehow... if you're planning to use existing wiring (power and coax) you may have to look for something that supports "Coaxitron" or another up-the-coax control method. Also, existing power supplies may not be beefy enough for better PTZs, especially if they have built-in heater/blower.

I have to run new cables. I figured on choosing a cable when I found the camera that would fit budget and capability needs. I plan on cameras costing about 1000 to 1200 each.

Still researching controller, and service monitors(probably end up using my phone or a smaller tv.

This project has been crazy. Repairing the sound system was a nightmare.

Now the security system has taken it to whole different level.

Currently learning back focusong. Have to buy a filter tomorrow. Then figure out how to solve staying in nightvision problem, on the Nuvico's and Cnb's.

Gotta love a challenge.

Still researching controller, and service monitors(probably end up using my phone or a smaller tv.

Really beat right now so I can't put a lot of thought into the rest of it, but just as an aside, this is a great little service monitor for the price: http://www.amazon.com/Haier-HLT71-7-Inch-Handheld-LCD/dp/B001E78UQY

I use a Haier 7" portable TV/DVD player, myself: http://www.amazon.com/Haier-HLTD7-7-Inch-Handheld-Built-/dp/B001OXNYIM

Thanks soundy, you have been a big help.I truly appreciate it. If you are ever in AZ let me know ill give ya free game of bowling or two.