lanced

Qvis Apollo or AVtech?

I am looking for a DVR, first time buyer.

What are the big differences between them? I like how you can view via android phone or internet. I get deployed a lot and it would be nice to check on my house from overseas. I like how the AVtech allows you to control camera PTZ and other functions through the phone interface, but why are they so much cheaper than the rest?

You can also control a PTZ with an android phone through the Qvis DVR as well. I'll let others comment on Avtech's. I have only used one in my life and was not impressed at all, but havent had the experience to test others.

I like how the AVtech allows you to control camera PTZ and other functions through the phone interface

most DVRs will do what you need. your choice is either the Avtech or Qvis (dahua) reliability i would go for Dahua

i am not a big fan of AVTECH DVR's quality of picture both for live view and remote access is poor, also remote login interface and use is very poor, it is the cheaper end of the market, they do say you pay for what you get.

Dahua DVR's are much better, quality of video inc. remote is better along with apps for mobile viewing is good, apps for mobiles include iphone, ipad, blackberry, android, symbian and windows mobile. DVR range from CIF, Full D1 to hybrid