ssnapier

Anyone ever try to tie in a Parrot Drone camera?

I have a client who would like to try and view a Parrot Drone camera view with the rest of his camera feeds. He is using Nuuo software in one place and Mobotix Control Center in another. Has anyone ever messed with these things to see if it is even possible?

I have a client who would like to try and view a Parrot Drone camera view with the rest of his camera feeds. He is using Nuuo software in one place and Mobotix Control Center in another. Has anyone ever messed with these things to see if it is even possible?

yes it is easy. BUT you always need to be in range of the aircraft. this is usually done via the wirless link with your iphone. so like anything wireless you are limited unles you can bounce it from a wireless router in its fly zone.

we sold two last year to a architect company so as they could look at buildings. Drone - laptop - (to record) ipad to control

Yeah, this guy is a little weird... he is going to attempt to use the Linux control software with a super high gain wifi setup. The goal is to get a 1/4 mile range. I did the calculations and it is theoretically possible, but I told him it is not likely to work at the limits very well and there was a real chance that the batteries would die before he could get it all the way back home.

What camera are they using on this thing, and how do I grab the feed?

Hi you just grab the feed as you would a wireless ip. parrot tech team will help if you need remote software.

since i sold the two ... parrot undated the Drone. so i have not used the new model. do you have a HOTspot network in the area you want to operate it.

I am not familiar with the HOTspot you are referring to, what do you mean?

On a slightly different note... but did you know it is illegal to fly one of these things without visual line of sight with it? I have a friend who works for a UAV manufacturer and he was telling me that one of his people got in big trouble for flying a parrot around the corner so he could see people coming into their parking lot. I guess the FAA is chasing a bunch of folks who are building pretty sophisticated UAV's and flying them 3 or 4 miles away. Obviously not the same as a little parrot, but still interesting to know.

On a slightly different note... but did you know it is illegal to fly one of these things without visual line of sight with it? I have a friend who works for a UAV manufacturer

it is the same here in the UK manchester police force used to run a few UAVs only to find that they needed a pilots licence to fly them.

the parrot does not come under UAVs code as it is registered as a toy. plus underweight / limited to flight hight and low in speed.

but they are fun

FAA regs on Unmanned Aircraft Systems,

Recreational use of the [National Airspace System] is covered by FAA Advisory Circular (AC) 91-57 which generally limits operations to below 400 feet above ground level and away from airports and air traffic.

There are two acceptable means of operating UAS in the NAS outside of “restricted” airspace: a Special Airworthiness Certificate – Experimental Category or a Certificate of Waiver or Authorization (COA).

A Special Airworthiness Certificate in the Experimental Category is the only certification available to civil operators of UAS.

The COA process is available to public entities, such as government agencies (including local law enforcement and state universities), who want to fly a UAS in civil airspace.

The FAA issues a Certificate of Waiver or Authorization (COA), generally based on the following principles:

Due to the UASs inability to comply with ”sense and avoid” rules, a ground observer or an accompanying “chase” aircraft must maintain visual contact with the UAS and serve as its “eyes” when operating outside of airspace that is restricted from other users.

Source: faa.gov