BBQGUY

Need help with new installation

Recently acquired a Nuvico 800 DVR with Nuvico infrared vandal proof dome cameras as part of a package from an on line retailer. I mounted the dome cameras under the eaves of my garage and ran the wiring. After hooking up the first camera I turned the machine on and all was good - I got the camera pointed where I wanted it and the zoom and focus worked fine, picture quality was great. After I fired up the second camera the view on the first one was lost, and now the view on the second camera is lost as well. I've tried every setting but cannot get the views to return. Thoughts?

Have you tried turning everything off and back on again? Turn off everything, unplug cameras and replug in everything. See if that helps. Sometimes a power cycle clears odd things. How are you powering the cameras? Aside from this issue, avoid running wires and doing perminent installs of cameras until you confrim each one works- and they all work when hooked up together. Hook up all your cameras at the table on the cables you'll be using, when the cables are still wrapped up. Power it all up and confirm everything works. This avoids a LOT of extra work. Confirm the whole system works- THEN start installing. Good luck.

Dan

Sounds lke good advice. I hooked up one of the bullet cameras "at the table" and it worked fine, so I brought one of the troubled dome cameras back in and hooked it up. No picture, but if I turn the lights off the infrared lights blink off and on, when on its a reddish color. The troubled cameras also make a rythmic clicking sound. I'm using a Camera DC Power supply.

Sounds like that "questionable" camera is shorting out and turning off your DVR. Surprised it's not tripping out or blowing fuses in you DC PS. Can also try a different cable ( to elminate that as well). I would not keep trying it, could cause issues with the DVR.

I'm using a Camera DC Power supply

A separate one for each camera, or a four way splitter kind of thing? Make sure all the power adapters are working properly if you're using separate ones for each camera- and make sure they are the correct ones for the camera. And if it's a splitter- do not hook up only one camera to them. Hook up all cameras first, then power it up. Those splitters are made specifically for multiple cameras. When I first used one, in my directions it warned of this very thing. It could damage the camera perminently. If none of that is the problem- your camera are probably shot. Process of elimination. Run through it.

Dan