Liquid_Squelch

Adding features to Stand-Alone DVR with PC Software ?

If I posted this in the wrong group, I apologize in advance. I am trying to design a system that includes a PC and a stand-alone DVR.

I purchased a "ebay" DVR for a good price. I have several coworkers who purchased these products from this seller in the past and they are solid and reliable. That is why I upgraded my old Q-See to the e-bay model. (If anyone wants info on the DVR please PM me and I will give you the info. I don't want this to seem like a promotional thread). Service and sales were great! The DVR is H.264 and has 16 channels. With HDD I paid $348.

Anyway - the reason for the post.....

The DVR is a Linux based system that encodes in D1. It has both software and hardware alarm in and outs. I need video snapshots when an alarm triggers and this isn't built into my dvr.

What I would like to do, is run software on my Windows or Linux PC (both run 24/7) that will stay logged into my DVR and watch the set channels for an alarm event as defined in the software's "local config". When the alarm trips, have the software send out the video or the JPG snapshot to e-mail (or sms).

Is there such software? And if so, what are we looking on a price?

FYI - the device shipped with software called CMS. It gets the basics done, but it doesn't have all the items on my above wish list. I'm have seen a lot of software for CCTV called CMS, so mine is version 1.x and it looks like the image attached in this thread.

Additionally, is there software out there that can take one of the defined channels and create a "time lapsed" video of the camera throughout the day? I would like to add a 24hour loop to my weather station's future website.

And shifting gears -

I am looking for ANDROID software that will allow me to monitor my H.264 system and have local alarms as well. Simple beep and chirp type of alerts and maybe pushing the camera to the main screen when it has an alarm would be a nice bonus. The Android app must keep the current screen active. I'm using mEye now and my android follows the devices energy save mode and I lose my screen if I don't manually adjust or keep pressing the screen.

Thanks for the help

CMS.JPG.8c110adac482c743c7e18d764647daf3.JPG