time2innov8

(resolved) CNM DVR - Unable to view video using iPhone apps

I have recently purchased a cnm secure 500gb dvr with 2 cameras for a fantastic price of £140. Everything is working great, I can access the dvr locally and via the web using an existing dyndns account.

The problem I have experienced is I cannot view the cameras remotely using the various iPhone apps (meye, vmeye etc). Even using local access (accessing the dvr static ip address on my own network I can get successfully connected but cannot view the video. I did not open the respective ports on my router as I only require the local access.

How can I progress the lack of video on the iPhone apps?

Edited by Guest

i hope you get an answer because im having the same problem absolutely no issues connecting loally or remotely via laptop but complete fail with iphone and i tried evey app im currently working on trying the apps on an android phone to see if the issue is iphone based or the apps themselves

i hope you get an answer because im having the same problem absolutely no issues connecting loally or remotely via laptop but complete fail with iphone and i tried evey app im currently working on trying the apps on an android phone to see if the issue is iphone based or the apps themselves

hi. on your dvr you need ports 80 -100 and 9000 forwarded in your router. port 100 is needed for the iphone. and the app you need is this one. http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/meye/id329501794?mt=8

tried port 100 on iphone same deal fail

had my father download asee for android and try to connect remotely he connected but then got no response message

port 80 is usually blocked by isp so i definately wouldnt suggest using it

iphone uses safari which also blocks ports and from what i can tell that cannot be changed

ill focus on getting the droid to work and plan on upgrading from iphone im bored with it even though its jailbroken

had my father download asee
tried port 100 on iphone same deal fail

hi asee is not the app for your dvr. Meye is the app you need. with port 100 for iphone and port 80 (or change dvr to 83) if blocked for android.

Still no further forward, the secure CNM DVR indicates that "meye" is the iphone app to use for remote access, I have tried that app and others by the same company to no avail. I can connect to the DVR using the iphone app (Login Successful) however no video is present.

To try and get to the route of the problem I monitored the ethernet packets between my router and the DVR (using the excellent Wireshark application), on initial login and subsequent changing of the cameras I could see the TCP transmissions to the DVR port (34599). One indication that the video is not being streamed that there are no other packets transmitted/received between the camera changes. I tried monitoring the packets between the router and my broadband connection, however due to NAT, I cannot work out the traffic streams to and from the DVR.

I have forwarded the ports specified to the DVR and tried accessing the system using a dyndns linked address however I get exactly the same result, login sucessful and no video.

I am open to suggestions as to the next step to take, I am determined to work out the problem and hopefully resolve it!!!

Stuart

To view images on mEye app for the iPhone you need to "Enable" the Extra Stream in the "Encode" menu of the CnM DVR. Just enabling will be fine, leave all other settings at defaults.

I was considering switching to CNM products for my installations but there seems to be quite a few problems with these, most of my customers want smartphone access, mostly either iPhone or Android, so I hope this gets sorted!

pwalton,

Your answer to enable the second stream in the encoding menu has sorted my problem accessing the cnm dvr using the meye app (both iphone and android)

I have checked the port forwarding now that I have the apps working, for mobile access it is only necessary to forward the mobile port (34599 in my system)

time2innov8

Can anyone who has an 8 Channel CnM Classic model DVR honestly say they get D1 resolution in 'record' or 8 channel or 4 channel multi palyback capability.

I know D1 is the default for monitor VGA output but states it is adjustable CIF halfCIF and D1 on record quality.

I don't mean 8 channels 'live viewing' I mean multi channel viewing of the recorded channel event as per the CnM claim on their website and various sellers claims.

I have searched the internet and found the Chinese manufacturer that looks exactly the same as the CnM model just without the CnM screen print and their manual which is similar to the one provided by CnM actually caveats the 8 channel model only giving CIF capability in record mode and only single channel playback. This has been removed in the CnM manual. The 4 channel model does have the features I know, but the claim is also implied as being available on the 8 channel and I cannot get either to work.

I am using the 'record' tab in IE and the higher resolution settings just cannot be altered on mine and is remaining defaulted to lowest (CIF) setting, yet it shows a green light in the high position in the manual provided.

Have I been duped by false claims on the specs of the 8 channel. Please try yours and let me know if you can actually get both of these features to work.

I have downloaded the latest firmware and so new it was still in Chinese on some screens.

I have a similar problem, I'd like to see my DVR video stream on cellphone, or on browsers other than IE.

But my DVR uses an ActiveX!

I know videostream is on port 54000 (verified with multiple port/ip sniffer), but how to "hook up" to it with VLC, RealPlayer, Firefox or any other player?

I returned my CNM DVR and finally after a lot of hassle got a refund. " title="Applause" />

They make false claims on capability and the DVR is rubbish.

I have now got a replacement make and it was less money and is superb quality. i can even read a car number plate when in superstream mode using exactly the same cameras.

The only feature it really misses is the ability to time change the colour settings which was on my one I had before the cnM model which i don't think had the feature either.

I have a silly pratt neighbour who like to have halogen lights on all night and they do annoy one or two of my cameras. With the very first model i had i could change the night colour settings so could reduce darkness and contrast which reduced the glare from the halogens.

Oh well you can't have everything but at least i don't have the problems of the CnM DVR which just were ridiculous claims on the 8 channel model.

The seller I bought from on eBay now i see has removed the claim of the functionality but i had to make a complaint to eBay and the advertising standards authority. " title="Applause" />

My only problem now is the blessed spiders and their webs. Still this would be the same for any DVR when set to sensor recording I suppose. Off up the ladder again tomorrow.