I have just installed a Ds and a DX dedicated micro previously they produced good units however the upgrades set on a good quality recording have a very short recording time and play back is very pixelated several conversation with technical but they put it down to settings however I think that there is a problem with the software.

can any one shed light on this subject

Don't know if it makes any difference or if it will help from anyone replying but what is the model/number of the unit.

Maybe someone could also comment on how many hours recording time they also get on a 1TB drive with the unit set to best quality recording.

The units are DM/SD08min 8 chanels 500 GB and a DM/SDAV32min 32 channels 1 TB set at its best setting the 1TB is recording for 3.77 days with 24 units attached

I have just installed a Ds and a DX dedicated micro previously they produced good units however the upgrades set on a good quality recording have a very short recording time and play back is very pixelated

hi. if you mean the SD08min you have to load it with hard drives. to get the best from it.

i.e if you use a 500gb HD and set it to best but want 20 days recording the system will config its self to run for 20 days (over riding your settings) so it fits onto 500gb you can either install another slave drive (1tb) or set your dvr for 4 days recording with your 500gb HD and you will see the footage is better quality.