djt511

Which 16ch DVR?

Hello all,

So i have most of my components chosen already.

14 DBM24VD

2 VCM24VF

2 BBB24F

Now i need a good DVR. I do have a good computer available if i decide to do a stand alone card.

I would like to be able to record at 30 FPS (need to see sleight of hand movement, high cash flow)

Remote viewing from an Android.

Allow external hard drives.

Open to options, like i said i have a good computer (asus motherboard, i7 processor, 6gb ram) that i can designate for this task, or i can just buy a standard dvr.

Let me know what you suggest and where!

14+2+2 = 18, right?

Well my more full-price go-to DVR for this would be the Samsung SRD-1670DC. Capable of 30FPS @D1 on all channels. I played with 30FPS on a channel on my friends SRD-870DC, it is literally no different than viewing live. Set the recording quality (bitrate) to max and it is beautiful. Supports many internal HDDs (5 I think). Plus 3 USB ports for external HDDs. I have not tested this, but it is smartphone capable, android & iphone. The browser-based remote viewing works great, and the viewing program (Smartviewer) is even better.

My budget-choice would be a Dahua rebrand from Qvis - like the Apollo HD Pro 16. Supports multiple HDDs, smartphone support. haven;t used this brand, but many here have...

played with 30FPS on a channel on my friends SRD-870DC, it is literally no different than viewing live. Set the recording quality (bitrate) to max and it is beautiful

Can it do that times 16 channels, or even 8? I was very happy with 30fps at max bit rate when I got my first couple of cams hooked up and viewed remotely. By the time I hit 8 cameras, I had to settle on 20fps, highest bit rate. I have two channels at D1 and the other six at HD1. This I'm sure takes into account where I view remotely and a less than speedy internet- but not slow either. I can do better remotely on my wireless laptop at home- more smooth. But if anyone can view remotely at D1 x 16 channels at 30fps at the highest resolution and have perfect feed...not only is my hat off to ya, but I'll take off my coat, my boots- hell even my socks!

Dan

i meant 12 DBM24VD (total 16 cams)

what would be the benifet of the Samsung vs the more economical Apollo?

thanks for the reply!

i meant 12 DBM24VD (total 16 cams)

what would be the benifet of the Samsung vs the more economical Apollo?

thanks for the reply!

Certainly remote (outside the LAN) viewing will never be close to 30FPS unless you have an awesome internet connection on both ends. Over the LAN I'd expect 15FPS per channel viewing.

The SRD-1670DC can record 480FPS total @ D1, so that is a full 30FPS on all channels at once.

Leaning towards the Apollo HD Pro 16, seen some cheap Cantek but worried about product quality.

Where can i find the best price on the Apollo?