milkman

A PTZ camera with mic?

Hello,

A friend of mine owns a car dealer and has a 16 channel DVR system setup with the Geovision cards and software. He called me the other day wanting to know if we can swap out the managers camera with a PTZ one that has audio as well. He says he is having a hard time making out faces and what what the customers are saying.

The only thing I could find would be a network camera with high res. However, this may complicate things as he is already watching 3 other dvrs on his laptops and phone. Last thing we need is to make another window on his laptop, lol.

So I was hoping there is a good quality PTZ camera with audio on BNC connection. That we could use over the managers desk.

Please tell me if you have a suggestion!

Thanks!

Where are you located? This sort of audio monitoring may be illegal...

Keep in mind too, the mic will not be directional with the PTZ - you can zoom in the picture, but not the sound, and if it's any distance away from the desk, you're probably going to hear more ambient/room noise than actual conversation. IF this can be done legally, you'd probably find it much more effective to just use a basic two-wire intercom system, like an AiPhone, with a small, inconspicuous call box right at each desired location. He won't be able to monitor it over his phone, but...

Thanks for the reply guys!

We live in Cleveland, Ohio.

He decided to hold of on the ptz cameras as some other issues have come up. Which I will start a new topic on.