andrecctv

No grid on motion detection setup thru web

Hi,

New to this forum. Not sure if I should have post this here or DVR forum. Did a search, did found some info. but nothing that was my problem. Got a MLT90588 from an EBay seller. Probably not an high end system but it does the job. My problem is motion detection setup thru web access. I can see live, do playback and access all the parameters from the web but if I try to setup/change motion detection zone, the grid doesn't show up, only the video from the camera. The funny thing, it will show up if I use and older PC running XP/IE8. My desktop is running Win7/IE9 on I3 CPU. I've tried just about every set up on Win7/IE9 but no change. Anyone has come accross a similar situation and found a solution. Thanks

I have the opposite problem in remote view- have the grid and I can block out sections, but no live picture in grid mode to see for setup. Could be a few things I suppose- but I suspect it's a graphics card issue or something of that nature. Doesn't bother me though. I set mine very well in the dvr. I can't sculpt any more than I have it.

Dan

I have the opposite problem in remote view- have the grid and I can block out sections, but no live picture in grid mode to see for setup. Could be a few things I suppose- but I suspect it's a graphics card issue or something of that nature. Doesn't bother me though. I set mine very well in the dvr. I can't sculpt any more than I have it.

Dan

Well, spent a few hours today trying to find a solution. Ended up with your problem, grid there but no video, depending on screen resolution. What's ever stranger, I did a partition on my Acer netbook, one with Win 7 and other with XP. If I boot with Win 7, video but no grid, if I boot with XP I get both video and grid and obviouly with same graphic card. On my desktop (I3 CPU), no grid on either Win 7 or XP. Contacted seller, tech. support is supposed to call back.

With an older Q-see dvr, I'd get the grid, no video upon web access. Only way to see video and grid was via the dvr with monitor and mouse.

Newer version of Q-see shows grid and video via web, however the active areas totally block out the video when access via web, so makes it hard to see what you're choosing.

I'd try it at the DVR, usually once masked for nuisances it's not something I mess with often.

it could be either problem - windows 7 or ie9, i've seen both. try running the program (IE) as an administrator or down grade to IE8.

more than one program that we use has had problems with windows 7 and i know of at least one dvr that won't work with IE9 unless you apply a patch to the active x

it could be either problem - windows 7 or ie9, i've seen both. try running the program (IE) as an administrator or down grade to IE8.

more than one program that we use has had problems with windows 7 and i know of at least one dvr that won't work with IE9 unless you apply a patch to the active x

Did tried running as admin. but same result. Down graded to IE8, same result, no grid. It's not a big issue, I can always set up the grid with local access to DVR and carry the wife old XP laptop when I'm away. When you mention that one DVR didn't work with IE9, are you talking about motion set up or the enitre DVR not working with IE9. Thanks.