uscgto

professional installation help.. how and where

Hi everyone,

First time posting in here, and first thread is the biggest question I might ask here.

Basically, I bought a new house in Houston, TX and I am trying to install a security system/ cameras.

I have zero tools, and pretty much a noobie when it comes to that kinda installation. Not to mention I wont have the time to do it as well.

How would you recommend I go ahead with this. Any one know any professional company in Texas.

I am gonna surf this place and see if I find something.

Yellow pages will find you professionals.

Camera systems as a homeowner are easy. Many of the 'kits' come with cables, easily tucked into siding or under shingles, etc to hide them. Hardest part is having a whole big enough to get the cable into the house.

Alarm systems are a little harder to wire, but much of the wireless stuff is pretty good. (Professional grade)

If you've never wired anything in a house, and are trying to get the wires completely concealed, I can tell story upon story of people drilling into pipes, electrical, windows, etc.

These things are not tough, but then again, I've been doing it for over 25 years.

Good Luck.

I agree with the last post, you can do virtually anything these days with wireless, security systems, cctv, etc. But the cameras will still need power to them but it is low voltage if you can get cabling through your attic that's not too bad then.

But, since you had stated you don't have the tools or the time your best bet is to get some pricing from dealers in the area.

Chances are by Monday morning you will have received a dozen (which is good) introductions from people who have seen your post.

New house, nice house, smart move get a professional installer.

Good Luck

Bunited2

Yep, they're right. Today, we can already do almost everything virtually and it's great, isn't it.

I guess you just need to be specific with what security system you are installing in which you need professional help since there are really a lot of them available around.

I wish you good luck in finding the coolest and the right one.

By the way, I tried looking at [mod edit - store link removed - try not to be so obvious] and I think they're cool. I just need to do more research though.

Camera systems as a homeowner are easy. Many of the 'kits' come with cables, easily tucked into siding or under shingles, etc to hide them.

Avoid these "kits" like the plague. They're the lowest-grade cameras with the lowest-grade recorders, and the middle-of-the-road lens lengths most of them use are generally pretty useless for any sort of viable coverage.

Give some more information on your house, your layout, your areas of concern, and your budget, and the friendly-or-knowledgeable folk here can help you come up with the right equipment to address each specific need... then if necessary, seek out a local professional to (help you) install it all.