jisaac

Crazy stuff in my cameras

Hey rory and data dave man I am still trying to get that thirty two camera install done. Well we mounted our last 4 on the 3rd floor and looking at the monitor I see what looks like black rolling smudges being rolled across the screen is spots. I dont know what it is. I am using cat 5. These 3 runs are 75 feet long and not run along any ac. any ideas?

isaac

funny you should ask we where suppose to use nitek but ups lost our shipment from them. So in order to do the install on time we had to buy them locally. I forget exactly what brand name they are but something with west coast theme. It has a picture of california on the info sheet. "I hope you are asking what brand" if not they are just passive transcievers terminal to bnc

yeah brand ..

try them from the DVR 5-10 feet away and see what you get.

also, try the cameras with coax near the DVR.

Also, forget the DVR and use a CCTV Monitor or TV to check the video also ..

Rory

already tried that i dont get that I only get that on these 3 cameras that are the highest cameras on the top level on the grid ceilings I dont know if the location has anything to do with it. It seems like it would seeing as how they are the only ones doing it. But I cant think of any lodgical reason.

with passive baluns i had issues with a couple cameras, no logical reason, last time i ever used passive baluns ..

Hi

Are the 3 cameras running down the same Cat5, what happens if you power down 2 of them?

What voltage are the cameras and where are the PSUs located?