Hi guys,

We are a translation agency working for a major European VMS vendor.

They got a new feature now that we want to give a proper name in English.

Basically you choose a time frame for video footage and this add-on shows you all objects that moved over this time. You pick one of the snapshots on the screen and go to playback.

Would Time Compressor sound ok? Or rather Motion Cut?

Thanks

I think Synopsis is the most accurate term for what you're doing... could expand it with "Motion Synopsis" or "Object Synopsis".

I think Synopsis is the most accurate term for what you're doing... could expand it with "Motion Synopsis" or "Object Synopsis".

I really appreciate, sir.

I have long been looking for a more or less comprehensive VMS features review get things like Loitering or Forensics right. Sort of a table where similar features differently branded go under one category like Motion Trigger and Motion Synopsis would belong to the same category, say Object Synopsis.

I got a PRO membership with ipvideomarket.info and so much I found is:

vms_competitive_comparison_2010

Not quite what I am looking for.

I don't think "motion trigger" is a good term to use here because that phrase usually means "motion caused recording to start". I kind of like synopsis. Maybe "Scene Synopsis". OTOH, it I was naming it I'd call it "Scene Overview" or "Change Overview" or even "Scene Review".

I don't think "motion trigger" is a good term to use here because that phrase usually means "motion caused recording to start". I kind of like synopsis. Maybe "Scene Synopsis". OTOH, it I was naming it I'd call it "Scene Overview" or "Change Overview" or even "Scene Review".

Thanks everybody,

Again, we work with European and American translators who have been with us for years and still sometimes lack understanding or industry -specific terms in their own language.

Anybody "steeped in the lore of CCTV and analytics" who wish to contribute by proofreading our manuals and brochures in English, German, French, Spanish, Russian and get a solid reward are welcome.