musher

Turn of red power LED in Acti 7411

Hi,

Does anyone know if there's a way to deactivate the power led on an ACTI 7411? I've set one up in a birdhouse but at night, at the right angle, the led glares out the "bird hole" like a satanic sparrow.

I've perused the camera menus but can't find a setting to do this.

Figured I'd ask here before I gave up.

HA!

As it turns out this is exactly the fix I employed this morning. Different brand of tape though. Hope I didn't screw everything up.

Hmm,

Korgoth pretty hi-tech for barbarian.

Power led now reports 0. Of course, I'm 350 miles away so I can't really see it. Easier than climbing the ladder.

Searched all over for LED, but it never occurred to me to search for power_led. Found the document right away with that.

Of course, I gotta go up and remove bpzle's solution when I get home.

thanks.

You can also try this CGI command:

http://ip:port/cgi-bin/system?USER=Admin& PWD=123456&POWER_LED=0

This way, You dont have to move from house

Don't work with the KCM-7211. Got it sittin right here next to me on the bench and the power LED's are brightly lit. HTTP acknowleged the that the setting was now zero but it had no effect on the actual status.

The CGI command does work with an ACM-4201 (I just tried it-the newer ones have an obnoxiously bright blue one on the front), I don't have a 7411 here to try, though. I do seem to remember that there are a few LED's on the board, you may turn off the power LED but not the others (the LAN link and activity ones would always stay on).

You can also try this CGI command:

http://ip:port/cgi-bin/system?USER=Admin& PWD=123456&POWER_LED=0

This way, You dont have to move from house

Don't work with the KCM-7211. Got it sittin right here next to me on the bench and the power LED's are brightly lit. HTTP acknowleged the that the setting was now zero but it had no effect on the actual status.

Well KCM is new series in ACTi, they said that CGI commands will work in about 1 month with a new firmware.