wilcam

Video over fiber

Hi everyone

Here is a problem I have been having with a video transmitting over fiber. I have

A spectra IV camera installed at the top of a building the camera is hooked up as follows

Coax, data and power feed out of the camera to a Nema box. Inside the Nema box the video is connected to a video and data over fiber module. At the head end a receiver transmits the video back to a coaxial cable. The issue I have been having is that the video has white bands horizontally over the screen. I connected my service monitor to the camera directly and have good video but at the head end I connect directly to the Fiber module and I get the white bands. The customers say that the video is completely white out in the morning but it starts coming back little by little as the day progresses .the camera and fiber module were replaced and a different fiber strand was used and the video was clear and good but a couple of days Later the white bands came back. Now there is something that have to tell you beside the Nema box is a couple of antennas and the power of the antennas is splice into the outlet that powers the camera and fiber module. I have said to the customer that I would like to relocate all the video components to a separate box with its own power but they believe that it was working before fine that it’s not the problem. Has anyone had an issue with video distortion due to antennas?

Thank you.

is there a way to use your media adaptors with a short fiber patch cord and then view it through the media adaptors at the antenna site. That way you could see if the media adaptor near the antennas is the problem.

Hi Joe

I found the problem and I never responded to your question. after having the antennas disconnected I still had the problem.The only thing that was left was to test every part of the equipment from the fiber cables to the power supply what I found was that the power supply powering the fiber module was pushing out only 10v and not the required 12v after replacing the power supply the problem went away and the camera has been working great ever since.