Numb-nuts

How about this for a CCTV News Story

I discovered this story about a pensioner that decided to do something to protect his community and put up his own CCTV cameras. Now his landlords want him to remove them.

Link to the story,

He made the mistake of NOT getting their permission first. BIG MISTAKE!

Anyone got any thoughts on the story

My main thought having seen the picture is hasn't he got any ladders?

Very messy install.

He should take them down and put up the cameras inside bird houses. More discreet.

As far as I know "YOU HAVE NO EXPECTATION OF PRIVACY ON PUBLIC DOMAIN OR AREAS OPEN TO THE PUBLIC".

I'm on the side of the housing company - not only does the install degrade the appearance of the property, it's just plain common courtesy to ask the permission OF THE PROPERTY OWNER before putting up ANYTHING on the outside of the building, especially if there may be any question of its legality, since the property owner could be held liable. Likewise, there may be a question of safety with a job like that - not just the wiring, but who knows how solidly it's mounted? If that thing falls off and bonks someone on the head... again, the building owner can be held liable.

yeah. installing without property owners permission is one thing, refusing to take it down when asked to is another.

he should take them down.

Honestly, the fact it's a CCTV camera isn't even relevant - the same thing would probably apply to putting up hanging pots, a TV antenna, an awning, new lighting... etc.

I suspect it was precisely that it is a CCTV camera that the Landlord asked him to remove it.

The story mentions that people have put up satellite dishes and have not been asked to take those down. The idea of CCTV just frightens some people. He should have asked permission first.

I suspect it was precisely that it is a CCTV camera that the Landlord asked him to remove it.

The story mentions that people have put up satellite dishes and have not been asked to take those down. The idea of CCTV just frightens some people. He should have asked permission first.

Eh, the beauty of CCTV is not advertising it. Often, when completing an install, homeowners are amazed how their overt system is almost invisible to the eye without being told what to look for. Eaves and overhangs make for great camera locations, are often in the shade line, and don't make things look ugly.

This guy could have been more discreet, maybe tucked the wires up and out of the way, and nobody would have been the wiser.

He's got rules he needs to follow, just be a little smarter next time.

If he'd made it less of an eyesore, perhaps they'd have cut him some slack.

As it stands, I would want that on my building either.

I would tell him to clean up the wires. If my building was in a high crime area I would appreciate a person taking security measures for the building and the community.

just noticed, all three screws of that camera go into mortar.

VERY shoddy install. just... erw.

i could do and did do better when i was 7 years old...

this is the picture (so people don't have to keep clicking the link)

2809587378.jpg

I would tell him to clean up the wires. If my building was in a high crime area I would appreciate a person taking security measures for the building and the community.

Oh, I'm with you... I have cameras on every building I own... but mine actually look good.

Cut the guy some slack... He is a senior citizen.

When you get to be his age you will be happy just to get on a ladder.

this is the picture (so people don't have to keep clicking the link)

2809587378.jpg

Screw them, he pays rent (??)

If anything they should be thanking him, and if they are concerned then send someone to cleanup the wiring, he paid for the system they should be paying for. Otherwise, sue the losers for lack of proper security.

When you get older you will quickly realize how painful it is to do what seems like the simplest thing when one is younger. You might have a bad back alone just from all the climbing on ladders drilling into red bricks.

Besides, maybe the mortar is easier to repair than the brick if he had to move it?

I dunno, here its all finished cement over the brick.

Ok.... When you are older... well see how well you install cameras. " title="Applause" />

Cut the guy some slack.

no.

Ok.... When you are older... well see how well you install cameras. " title="Applause" />

i will do.

things you do to your body when you are younger, catch up with you when you get older.

I got injuries from my 20s that are now just taking full effect. back then I walked away from them like it was nothing.

its part of life.

besides, do you really want to be installing cameras when you are older?

besides, do you really want to be installing cameras when you are older?

not really, i'll get my grandson or someone to do it.

Cut the guy some slack.

no.

Wait... I'm in my 40's... how old are you, Rory?

Wait... I'm in my 40's... how old are you, Rory?

Edited by Guest

the sun sounds like a horrible place.

NHS <3

Well depends, I heard they beat up and kill old men in the UK (aka the london riots)

the sun sounds like a horrible place.

NHS <3

Well depends, I heard they beat up and kill old men in the UK (aka the london riots)

i didnt hear about that :o

yeah. we have alot of chavs (council housing and violent) which are scum. and the police are too pussy.