Numb-nuts

How about this for a CCTV News Story

Does that not make them liable for damages? When you have someone REMOVE a security surveillance system and then someone gets hurt would make you liable for damages doesn't it?

the sun sounds like a horrible place.

NHS <3

Well depends, I heard they beat up and kill old men in the UK (aka the london riots)

i didnt hear about that :o

yeah. we have alot of chavs (council housing and violent) which are scum. and the police are too *****

Always wondered what "chav" meant.

a few cable snips could disable the entire system. A few snips and a few crossed wires could fry all his equipment... Part of installing a security system is securing the equipment.

I would definitely pay to have it done if I was to old or disabled to do it properly. Guy sounds more like a voyeur to me.

a few cable snips could disable the entire system. A few snips and a few crossed wires could fry all his equipment... Part of installing a security system is securing the equipment.

I have a couple of my own cameras with wires running loose, but I replace them every few weeks and they are my test locations so little point in making them pretty ... as for security wise, each one has another camera looking at it, and shorting it would only short the camera power supply and they are already recorded. Plus they still have to get through the alarm. For a client though .. no would never leave it like that. But as to the old man, he is an old aged pensioner and most of them cant afford to hire someone.

Don't get me wrong... I like the way the old man thinks... I think his heart is in the right place, even if his landlord is upset about it.

From an aesthetic POV, I can see the landlord's point. If that were my property, I'd help him clean up the wiring, and consider it a value-add to the place.

As for security, nothing beats having retirees as neighbors. They have all the time in the world, take interest in their property (and yours), and are not afraid to call you (or the police) if they see something's "not right." I love my retired neighbors... they don't miss much.

I'll see if I can get his address and you can go round n sort it out for him!

I think it was that he didn't ask permission, which he should have done, Public departments and social associations hate anyone doing anything without permission. ~They see it as contempt.

I have a couple of my own cameras with wires running loose, but I replace them every few weeks and they are my test locations so little point in making them pretty ... as for security wise, each one has another camera looking at it, and shorting it would only short the camera power supply and they are already recorded. Plus they still have to get through the alarm. For a client though .. no would never leave it like that. But as to the old man, he is an old aged pensioner and most of them cant afford to hire someone.

The coax is a direct line into the DVR though. You could theoretically fry the head end from it if you applied high enough voltage. (I'm assuming he didn't use any type of surge protection).

The man's situation is what it is, but he could at least make an attempt to conceal the cables under the eaves or something. Not saying this would make it a proper install, but I can't think of a worse way to do it than what he has right now.

...it'd be funny if we found out he is a member of this forum.

The coax is a direct line into the DVR though. You could theoretically fry the head end from it if you applied high enough voltage. (I'm assuming he didn't use any type of surge protection).

They could burn the house down with a molotov ****tail also.

You could theoretically fry the head end from it if you applied high enough voltage.

correct! my 16ch dvr is now a 15ch DVR with no channel 1 i guess its my own fault for putting 24v into a sh*tty Chinese camera