shockwave199

Do you ground your dvr?

I have not gotten around to doing this as of yet. My drv has a grounding screw/post on the back, but I haven't hooked it up yet. Kinda forgot all about it. In a back bedroom, I'm not even sure what I'd ground it to. Is grounding a must? I don't really see a problem with the video feeds locally, but I suppose I could hook up a ground and see if anything cleans up even more.

Sure go ground it to the water main.

I don't have my DVR's grounded. If anything power strips have a built in surge suppressor.

Is grounding a must? I don't really see a problem with the video feeds locally, but I suppose I could hook up a ground and see if anything cleans up even more.

Receptacle safety ground is mostly for human safety. That external ground screw is for single point grounding of all interconnected electronics mostly for noise reduction. So that ground loops and other signaling problems are eliminated.

Grounding to water pipes was legal only long ago. Is illegal due to obvious human safety issues.

No one ground exists. Safety ground, earth ground, and that single point noise ground are electrically different even if all are interconnected.