despair

What are the best Lens for the Arecont AV3100-AI? Need help

Hi there,

I have buy a Arecont Vision AV3100-AI and now am looking for a suitable lens for that camera.

Should be a wide range 4mm to 10mm and with auto iris.

There are so many different lenses and I need your help please

Does anyone have a tip for me?

Thank you!

Klaus

Great forum here, there are many experts and help for everyone. " title="Applause" />

Help yourself, then help you God - seems to be the motto here.

Seldom seen so much ignorance like here.

Thanks for nothing!

Great forum here, there are many experts and help for everyone. " title="Applause" />

Thanks for nothing!

Should be a wide range 4mm to 10mm and with auto iris.

Did you not answer your own post ????

Thanks for nothing!

No way to ask for FREE help

What is your budget? I have been happen with Fujinon lenses. You would need a 1/2" version.

I know this is a forum and all help are free, but for an expert that's no problem to give a recommendation for the right lense...

I have ordered now an original lense from Arecont Vision 1/2" 4-8mm f1.4 (same like Computar HG2Z0414FC-MP), I hope that will works fine with my camera.

The Auto Iris are needed for using the camera outside (different lighting conditions like: sun, shadow or darkness).

The Auto Iris are needed for using the camera outside (different lighting conditions like: sun, shadow or darkness).

Arecont CMOS cameras do not need Auto Iris. Also all of Areconts Auto Iris camera are color only no B/W options.

I have to disagree a little bit about the auto iris lenses on CMOS cameras. I do agree that most CMOS cameras do not need them for the dynamic range in bright light.

But, in most installations I've done with CMOS cameras/manual iris lenses, I found better daytime image quality and depth of field with the lens stopped down somewhat, which means you are sacrificing more night capability.

AI lenses would allow better results in day (more DOF), and night (full open iris for best low light performance).

It's too bad that the Arecont's suck in so many other ways that I've quit using them.

Guys, just have a look at the Arecont-FAQ:

When should the user choose auto-iris option?

Many AV cameras support auto-iris option. These cameras are: AV1300-AI, AV2100-AI, AV3100-AI and AV5100-AI. Auto-iris option allows keeping the lens optimally closed when there is sufficient scene illumination, providing good depth of focus. When the illumination diminishes the camera opens the lens, allowing more light to reach the sensor, thus extending the sensitivity range of the camera. Auto-iris option should only be used for outdoor applications, where there is a large variation in illumination conditions. In many applications the auto-iris is unnecessary. It is important to keep in mind that the best image quality will be achieved with megapixel lenses. The auto-iris lenses available on the market today are not megapixel and will yield the images that are less crisp than those that can be obtained with manual megapixel lens.

There are also B&W Camera The AV3135 and the AV3130 have an B&W/colour (day and night) option.

Caution! Not all of the "experts" know everything!

Many AV cameras support auto-iris option. These cameras are: AV1300-AI, AV2100-AI, AV3100-AI and AV5100-AI. Auto-iris option allows keeping the lens optimally closed when there is sufficient scene illumination, providing good depth of focus. When the illumination diminishes the camera opens the lens, allowing more light to reach the sensor, thus extending the sensitivity range of the camera. Auto-iris option should only be used for outdoor applications, where there is a large variation in illumination conditions. In many applications the auto-iris is unnecessary. It is important to keep in mind that the best image quality will be achieved with megapixel lenses. The auto-iris lenses available on the market today are not megapixel and will yield the images that are less crisp than those that can be obtained with manual megapixel lens.

There are also B&W Camera The AV3135 and the AV3130 have an B&W/colour (day and night) option.

Few issues here- What wireguys was saying is that Arecont only produces auto iris camera in non-day/night versions, a very poor choice of design. Why create a camera possibly better suited for outdoor use by putting auto iris control on it, and then make it not perform well at night by not having a D/N ICR capability?

And, they are incorrect in stating that suitable auto-iris lenses are not available (although perhaps when they made this statement, it was true, it is not now). I've used AI megapixel lenses from Fujinon and Kowa, and have had good results, rivaling any manual iris lenses short of extremely high end machine vision lenses (also from Fujinon).

Arecont has had some great ideas- but in implementation, they have often failed badly. The 3130 and 3135 are a great idea, but are limited in lens options by the imagers being placed too close together. The dome cameras have had a variety of issues (non-functional gimbal design, distorted domes- and don't even get us started on their firmware- I had a 5105 turn itself into a 3105, and had to be sent back to the manufacturer for repair).

Arecont has just recently received the notoriety of being judged the worst camera manufacturer by an industry testing site, which listed polls from integrators worldwide. And, from my experiences with them, they've earned that title.

Calling Arecont a more reliable resource than some of the members here will probably earn a laugh, at best.

Again..... Arecont's AI cameras are COLOR ONLY

You can order most camera of their cameras 3 ways.

Color Only

Color and B/W

Color Only AI

The AV3135 and AV3130 are NOT AI they are dual imager cameras one is dedicated to color and the other to B/W.

FYI I don't use Arecont cameras anymore if I can.

I don't say, the AV3135 and AV3130 are AI-Cameras, this two versions use B&W and color!

This Arecont Vision Cameras use AI:

AV1300-AI

AV2100-AI

AV3100-AI

AV5100-AI