ljarrald

some stills from my cameras

i only have 5 cameras in at the moment. i will have 15 eventually.

cam 13. next door rear

169953_1.jpg

cam 4. shed roof

this camera origionally was zoomed into the shed roof because we had people messing on it. but then my dad asked me to put cameras in the alley which would catch face shots before they got to the roof. now this one catches the blind spot of cam3 and overlaps cam13 a bit aswell as getting the other part of the alley. i plan to angle this camera down a bit at some point.

169953_2.jpg

cam3. twds ********

169953_1.png

cam2. twds *******

this is a hard postion. i want to be able to see people coming from the alley at the right, and at the left. also, when i caught burglars, they jumped over that wall at the left so i want the camera to see that. but this is as wide as the cam can go so i miss a bit on the right. because the angle has to be like this, i only really catch half of the face and its usually a side shot so not the most usefull but its what has to be done. i will do a vid explaining properly soon.

169953_2.png

shed door.

this is a B+W panasonic box cam. its one of two i got out of a skip at school. its 12v and works well but i want a colour one that is good in low light (or a day/night one and IR illuminator)

169953_3.jpg

quad display

169953_3.png

16 way display

169953_4.png

the layout of the cams when its all done (dont worry about colours or secondary camera names)

cam1 is 'error' because i blew it up by accedent

169953_4.jpg

Edited by Guest

Is crime and mayhem THAT out of control there?! The way you describe it, makes me envision people climbing all over the place like a bunch of rats! If the area surrounding my home were that bad that it's littered with morons getting into everything, I'd be beyond cameras and consider moving, not to mention calling the cops every night to break it up so the message gets out- this isn't a good place to hang out. Good luck to you in that area.

Put some LOUD sirens tie them into motion sensors which you turn on at night. That should reduce crime by your house.

Is crime and mayhem THAT out of control there?! The way you describe it, makes me envision people climbing all over the place like a bunch of rats! If the area surrounding my home were that bad that it's littered with morons getting into everything, I'd be beyond cameras and consider moving, not to mention calling the cops every night to break it up so the message gets out- this isn't a good place to hang out. Good luck to you in that area.

its just scummy. i have lived here long enough to know the safe routes, places to avoid, routes to avoid at what times etc. its mainly because the park is right next to our alley. just scummy 'youths' letting fireworks off (or even grown men in one instance! (i will upload a vid of it one day)) and over the fence you see in cam13 is a substation wich has alot of land round it that is fenced off for a reason. people go in there and f*ck around. and the side of next door goes through to the road at the front. when i caught the robbers red handed and looked it over on the footage, i found that they had gone in through there. since the alley cams have gone in, the alley has had significantly less anti social behaviour. i also have a mic in there to catch names and i have a loud siren out there which activates if a camera looses video, is attacked, tampered with or if the shed is broken into. i can also manually activate it from inside which is good. if i see people in the alley who should not be in there, i whack the alarm on for two seconds, see and hear them stop, look around and ask eachother what it was, then scarper

if i see people in the alley who should not be in there, i whack the alarm on for two seconds, see and hear them stop, look around and ask eachother what it was, then scarper

After I set off the 30 watt sirens, I'd run out there with my Machete and make sure they dont ever want to come back

if i see people in the alley who should not be in there, i whack the alarm on for two seconds, see and hear them stop, look around and ask eachother what it was, then scarper

After I set off the 30 watt sirens, I'd run out there with my Machete and make sure they dont ever want to come back

the laws on the sun must be different to here in the uk. i'd like so sit in my bedroom window with a gun and take out the scummy families one by one

the laws on the sun must be different to here in the uk. i'd like so sit in my bedroom window with a gun and take out the scummy families one by one

just tell them you are out doing some gardening ..

just tell them you are out doing some gardening ..

i am going to read that tomorrow when i am less tired and hope i get it...

You should emigrate to the United States, mate... you could almost do that in some parts of this country.

You should emigrate to the United States, mate... you could almost do that in some parts of this country.

iknow. i'd rather live here in the uk though.

not that this is a good country. i will move to NZ eventually...

i added another two cameras today.

i had to take a picture from the monitor rather than screenshot the software because the ethernet port on the router is mangled and i have not replaced it yet.

172801_1.jpg

here is that camera...

this picture was taken before i put the dome on, the white box with the wires sticking through on the right is the microphone...

172801_2.jpg

FOH right... there will be two cameras on the Front Of House. the one on the left of the house will be looking right, the one on the right of the house will be looking left. the main reason for them is to record the road. there have been crashes and children run over in the past so it is a good idea, this camera will probably be tilted abit more to the right after the second camera goes in.

the FOH cameras are NOT for identification, just for an overview.

172801_3.jpg

172801_4.jpg

172801_5.jpg

Edited by Guest

That ceiling mount... wow... got cobwebs? At least that camera doesn't have built-in IR, or you'd never have a decent view with all the spiders

That ceiling mount... wow... got cobwebs? At least that camera doesn't have built-in IR, or you'd never have a decent view with all the spiders

i did not even notice them until you just pointed them out! nobody looks up there anyway. i am wondering how long it will take my dad to notice it.

yeah, i was a bit sceptical about a camera without IR but the light from the street lamp over the road is enough at night