madmanuk

presets on my ptz

hi my ptz as 64 presets,Well when i program it to cruse to one preset to another it will only let me input up to 3 when i put anymore in it just ignores them and just goes from 1 to 3 can anyone help please.

thanks again

Nobody can help without at least knowing the brand and model of your PTZ, and possibly your controller as well.

ok mate no prob here is what i got.

PTZ300 Standard Speed PTZ Dome

and the dvr is a 4ch H.264 DVR,Hope this helps mate

thanks

Umm, well, I google "PTZ300" and get about a dozen different brand names, one or two of them actually recognized names, the rest all some sort of

"no-name" brands. All that says is that both are very generic, probably cheap offshore junk, and it's not surprising there are problems...

Sorry, but that's not enough information to be useful.

i got it from MAP-SECURITY-PRODUCTS-LTD? in the uk he told me about this forum,I must admit its not as good as i thought it was going to be i should have got one from china like i was going to,i will try and find out more info on it mate.

thanks

I don't know if you'll do much better going direct from China - same crap, just a more direct route.

Of course, this is one of the big problems with cheap equipment like this: there's no brand name, and no support, and when something goes wrong, the very generic model names don't yield any useful search results. I have a couple no-name PTZs I pulled off a site, they have a model number inside... same thing, googling that returns a variety of results, and indicates that at least two dozen different online stores are selling cameras with the same model numbers (not all of which even look the same), under at least half a dozen different brand names that you've never heard of... and finding manuals and technical info for any of them is nearly impossible.

In any case, it sounds like a faulty firmware on this camera... if there was an actual manufacturer name, it might be possible to get an update, but since there's not... your best recourse might just be to take it back to the shyster who sold it to you, and tell him to support his own damn products instead of sluffing the job off on an internet forum

Hmm, just looked that place up... appears to just be an eBay store (couldn't even be bothered to register his own website) selling all manner of generic crap. No wonder he sent you here, he probably doesn't have a clue himself.

it may be this one if it helps mate.

CCTV PTZ camera, Sony CCD Day / Night 480TVL

Unfortunately, that's an even more vague description that probably encompasses a significant percentage of every PTZ camera on the market.

i may just phone the prick up then cuss this is doing my head in it would be sound if it would tour more than 3 presets, All the presets work when i call a preset number but it won't tour all of them only 3,i wander if i'm doing something wrong.

thanks

It sounds like it's letting him add more than three to the tour, but it will only loop the first three.

But again, if there was a make and model, it would be possible to look up the specs and confirm whether this is the way it's designed, or if there's something wrong with it.

Your best way to get on top of this is to phone them. That is a generic Chinese type PTZ that many distributors import.

Anyway, they will know it better than anyone here without a brand name or a operation manual. I looked on the website to see if I could see one but they don't publish it there.

Ive used these guys a lot and have found their gear to be really good....

in particular I buy AVTECH DVR from MAP security as they always have the latest variant where as other disties are selling older models.

We did use a couple of PTZ's from them earlier this year (only cheapo's about £300) and for the money they were A1 however we did have to buy a controller as the HIKvision DVR did not want to speak to PTZ despite our best efforts.....This seems to be a normal problem with low cost PTZ's

I really like the AVTECH gear..the software is excellent the the new IVS range produce even better pictures...

Cheers

Chris

well the dvrs gone a knacker now it won't connect to my tv only the monitor i have change wire tis plugs and still no signal i won't ever use them again.

thanks