SectorSecurity

Security Camera Kit Opinions

http://www.cctvsecuritypros.com/securitycamerasystem.html

I am looking at purchasing this kit for a customer as they only want to spend about 4 grand and want to get 8 cameras with DVR and all.

I would like to get some peoples opinion on this kit, such as the cameras or if anyone has any suggestions on a better kit for roughly the same price.

Also does anyone know if these cameras will mount into a regular housing unit for box cameras?

You're doing it wrong.

You specify that the customer picked some arbitrary budget number ($4000) and number of cameras they want to get for that number (8).

This is like saying "I'd like to get 8 new laptops for $1000". Sure, you may be able to fulfill this request, but not necessarily to the degree of performance the customer was expecting.

Personally, I've never seen a CCTV "kit" that was anything more than low to mid-grade gear targeted towards those generally lacking a clue.

Ideally you would assess what problem(s) your customer hopes to solve with their CCTV system, determine correct number of cameras, placement, resolution, recording duration, etc. Then present a "good, better, best" proposal, or at least a "barely compliant" and "more robust" solution. More than likely a solution that uses modern technology and provides usable video on par with their expectations will look very different from this kit. At the *very* least you should discuss all this up front so that when you are done with the install and they are disappointed at not being able to read a license plate across the parking lot in the dark you have this conversation to fall back on for "I told you so" purposes.

I fully understand that and have had that conversation with the customer and they fully understand that by setting a price limit and dictating the number of cameras the system must support they are only going to get what ever it is the kit provides and that it is only going to be a half decent solution and not top of the line.

As has been said, the correct way to go about things is to work out what the operational requirements are

and come back with a proposal, showing how it meets the customer's operational requirements and only

then state a price including first year' two maintenance visits, (even if you only clean the camera lenses)

and installation and sundry installation items. I like to put in a 10% additional contingency which is not

charged in the initial price. If you don't work this way, anything that suddenly needs adding will come

out of YOUR pocket.

Working to a price is to some extent an obstacle your job is to show the customer that operational requirements have no respect for budgets an if money is the overall operational requirement, then efficiency is likely to suffer.

Wishing you luck with this project.

My Analogy.

If your business needed a 10 ton truck you wouldn't got out and buy a station wagon just because it fitted your budget would you? Of course not, you'd look at refinancing because the station wagon just won't meet your needs.

I think you can choose the securtiy products according to your choice.

Maybe you can visite this store:

[fleaBay spam link removed - really??]

Hope you will find the products that you need .

http://www.ebay.crap/sch/merchant/mickeywy2008

Hope you will find the products that you need .

love it. OPs spec is dahua and CNB and you send him to crap on ebay

I am looking at purchasing this kit for a customer as they only want to spend about 4 grand and want to get 8 cameras with DVR and all.

sectorsecurity. Box systems are the ones to stay away from > cheap cameras poor power and cable all = crap.

But the system you have listed is a put together system with brand name products. = dahua / CMB good cable and power / monitor

getting all that for that price is a good find. i see were you are comming from for your $4k budget as you still need to buy housings and you may need to change some of the camera lens

Pretty much go along with what the others have said...

GENERALLY, pre-configured package systems are crap hardware. This, at least, APPEARS to be an exception to that.

The problem is, without fully assessing the job first, you don't know if those cameras and lenses are suitable for each particular position and purpose. They come with a VERY basic 3.5-8mm lens - what if that's not wide or tight enough? Will they allow you to pick and choose different lenses to ship with the package, or will you have to accept them as is, the purchase lenses separately and have all these unneeded 3.5-8s kicking around?

Do any of the camera position require or prefer vandal-resistant designs? Low-profile or covert designs?

It appears they have basic little pedestal mounts with the cameras - what if those are sufficient? Again, will they allow you to swap those out in the order, or do you have to buy different mounts separately, and again, have the unused ones left to rot?

And of course... does this total price include installation? Without assessing, how do you know what the work will be like? $2600 for the system... call it $3000 by the time you factor in shipping, tax, additional equipment (lenses, mounts, housings, etc.)... will $1000 be enough to cover the labour involved?

Or, heck, you could always get a $1000 Costco box system and have a nice little profit for yourself...

$4000 should be more than enough for an 8 camera system.

I just quoted 47 cameras and 2x 32 channel DVRs for $7,000 (plus wiring+labour)

You likely don't need the same camera for each location.

Figure out what type of camera you need where, then work from that.

There are a billion choices out there, good luck