jokerone

dauha dvr Transfer Mode, firmware upgrade, MAC ADDR, Reboot?

Rory,

Thanks that saves me a lot of time looking.

Mine has the USB option in the "version" screen. Do I drop the .bin file on a USB drive and install it that way?

You can do either, I always do it over the network, but if you dont have that option, rename the bin file update.bin, format the USB drive as fat32 and then put it on that.

Rory,

Thank you so much. It worked prfect, no brick. The only real complaint I had with this DVR was the playback screen and method of viewing events. This update fixed it, it's now great!!

Great to hear.

Now just to figure out the new playback

BTW if you select 1 channel playback and click a file to play, a little running man icon becomes enabled to click. He is a filter for motion events if any exist, and it will play from one event to the next. I think Sean might be doing an updated manual on how to use that new screen as one does not yet exist from Dahua. I put most of my time into the network and remote side of things which explains all my custom software, and tweaks and articles for PSS.

Basically in the new playback screen, on the right hand side under the camera boxes there are 2 icons, the left one is to search, the right one shows the list of files after you search. You can no longer drag the video but you can click the recorded timeline to move anywhere you want to play. You can also zoom into the time line using the bottom left icons. One new limitation with this firmware is that if someone is already connected over the network, you are limited to max 4 channel playback - only affects 8+ channel DVRs ofcourse.

I do have a playback guide on this if anyone wants it, PM me. Its still not quite done yet because I cant get that little running man to work right for me but other than that, its good to go.

DO NOT UPGRADE YOUR ZEUS WITH THIS FIRMWARE. IT WILL TURN IT INTO A NICE PRETTY LOOKING PAPERWEIGHT IF YOU DO.

This is only good for the Apollo line of the DVR's - (but not the Apollo 32, that takes a seperate firmware) If you have any questions about this firmware and you bought a DVR from us, feel free to contact me with any questions. I'll be releasing the firmware in a couple of days once we get the guides done.

This is only good for the Apollo line of the DVR's - (but not the Apollo 32, that takes a seperate firmware)

I put the previous 2.608 on the 32 channel also

According to the information that came along with this firmware from Dahua, this works for:

LE-A, HE-T, LE-L, LE-S, 3204LE-U

So I believe that covers the Apollo HD Pro, Apollo HD Lite, and Apollo 32?

Rory