Sign in to follow this  
grumman

ADATA APPOLO ZEUS8 (DAHUA) Forgotten password.

Hi, I have an Adata Apollo ZEUS8 DVR, and I have forgotton the admin password. When I setup the unit initialy, approx a year ago I (stupidly) deleted all other accounts that were preset, so the passwords ones suggested by my supplier do not work. (666666, 88888 etc etc). They suggest I send it back to them (which I do not want to do if I can help it), so I assume there is a way to reset it to factory defaults. I have tried removing the CMOS battery and leaving the unit unplugged for a week, also various other methods with no success. I am electronics engineer by trade, so have no problem with soldering any links on the PCB if required to do a hard reset. Can anyone help? Thanks.

Cant delete 888888 user on a Dahua DVR, it is a built in local admin that cannot be removed.

You can however change the password.

Now I am confused. If i enter 888888 as the user, and any password, the error comes back as 'the user does not exist'. If I try to login as 'user' or 'admin' I get invalid password. Looks like I have done a real good job of locking myself out...

FWI; This is what is posted over on the Dahua website help section by a Dahua tech guy whenever someone no longer knows their password:

" power off your dvr,then power on,the user will be unlock. disconnect the button-cell battery one second in the mainboard,then the time on DVR will be 2000-1-1, the password is 000000,user:admin.now you can login the local dvr,change the password you want,then change the time. "

or this:

"disconnect the button-cell battery in the mainboard one second,then the time on DVR will be 2000-1-1, the password is 000000,user:admin.now you can login the local dvr,change the password you want,then change the time."

That fix must have been for old firmware, doesnt work for 2.606+

Besides the OP has bigger problems than that, the built in local admin user doesnt exist.

No the firmware update doesnt wipe the accounts.

Least none of the ones I have done over the past year.

I have been sent a code to usetoday only, along with a login of 888888, but all I get is 'user does not exist' message.

After many many attempts, I have remembered my admin password and am now 'in'. Strewth, now to set up some easy to remember acconts and an easy admin password...