jetspeedz

Price tag match performance? & 200ft IR view distance?

So I'm still researching and looking at what is out there and I came across this camera and since im not sure if they are a site sponsor or not i won't post the link but here is the info. I would like to know if the price tag matches the specs in your opinion

The price for this camera is $360 and im a bit skeptical b/c it is not a name brand.

Premium Professional Grade Color Infrared Camera

Our IR600VF is the top-of-the-line when it comes to security cameras. 600 lines of resolution, 5-50mm varifocal lense, 200ft infrared illumination. This vandal resistant fully weatherproof camera is just what you need for that long distance viewing. Use our FOV calculator on the right side of this page to see what it will do with the distance or width you require. We strongly suggest you use our Siamese cable for this camera. Do not purchase the pre-fabricated power video cables. Our Siamese is RG59/18-2 copper for optimum power and video transmission.

Great Picture

This camera has 600 lines of resolution. This is the highest resolution you will find on our website. This gives you a sharp clear picture. The camera is color during the day and b/w at night when the LEDs automatically turn on.

The Most Powerful Infrared Camera We Offer

Camera LEDs illuminate for up to 200ft. This is hands down the brightest and most powerful infrared led security camera that we offer. This combined with 5-50mm varifocal lense lets you see objects far away very easily in the light or the dark.

Incredibly Versatile

The 5-50mm varifocal lense can work great for wide viewing or narrowed zoomed viewing - or anything in between. Simply adjust the lense and focus to your desired view and you will get a great picture.

Durable

The SSC-IR600VF is the most durable camera we offer. Its rugged housing is vandalproof. And, the cameras come out through the mounting bracket and directly into your wall. This makes it virtually impossible to cut the cables on the camera. This is also referred to as Installer Cables.

Features

200 ft. IR view distance

Low light 0.0005 Lux (sense-up to 128x)

5~50mm varifocal lens

Cable management bracket

Vandal resistant

Weatherproof

3D-DNR

OSD (On Screen Display)

DSS (Digital Slow Shutter)

External Zoom / Focal Adjustment

Function: AGC, BLC

Installer video out

Specifications

Image Sensor 1/3" Sony Super HAD Color CCD

Min. Illumination 0.0005 Lux (sense-up to 128x)

Total Pixels 811(H) x 508(V)

Effective Pixels 768(H) x 494(V)

Resolution 600 lines

Backlight Compensation ON / OFF

S/N Ratio > 48dB (AGC OFF)

Gain Control ON / OFF

White Balance ATW

Electronic Shutter 1/60~1/100,000 (NTSC)

O.S.D. Built-in

DNR OFF / ON (1~32 Level Adjustable)

Mirror ON / OFF

Lens Mount 5~50mm DC Vari Focal Lens

Power Consumption DC 12V / 130mA (CDS ON: 570mA Max)

Operating Temperature -20°C to 50°C

Dimensions Millimeters - 97(W) X 107(H) X 173(D) / Inches - 3.8(W) x 4.2(H) x 6.8(D)

Weight Appx. 1650g (3.64 lbs)

The price is too high for this model. You can pay USD360 to buy a 720P megapixel H.264 IP camera. This model is just analog CCTV camera. It's not worth the price.

That was my feeling as well. I just wanted confirmation. Choosing the right camera is as much a headache as finding the right DVR.

The price is too high for this model. You can pay USD360 to buy a 720P megapixel H.264 IP camera. This model is just analog CCTV camera. It's not worth the price.

Really? Id love to see that, 720p IP camera with 200' Infrared and 5-50mm lens, for $360 LOL.

Thats the average DEALER price for that type of camera, Weatherproof 5-50mm True Day Night Infrared Bullet Camera. Installers normally sell them for alot more. But you need to ask yourself if you even need a 5-50mm lens, cause thats what you would be paying for.

Hi,

After view you key spec is rare for low lux by 128 Sens-up. I think even SONY, Samsung could did so lowest.

Second you mean you IR project upto 200M. how does ir works by LED and how many unit or it take laser LED, if you take that you should consider it need FDA approval or will not good for you and you clients.

Please don't expect effefective ir to 200 feet on any camera with built in ir. It may shine to 200 feet but it is very ineffective at that distance. Expect maybe 75 to 100 feet at the most but that's even stretching it.

Please don't expect effefective ir to 200 feet on any camera with built in ir. It may shine to 200 feet but it is very ineffective at that distance. Expect maybe 75 to 100 feet at the most but that's even stretching it.

i agree . avoid a camera with built in IR for a long range shot you will either get white outs up close where anyone within 30 feet of the camera will have no visible facial detail , or at the end of shot you will have poor visibility ( or both )

how high up would the camera be mounted ?

is there power along the field of view of the camera so you could mount at least 2 IR panels at intervals , say within 60 feet of end of shot , and another close to where the camera is so you end up with evenly distributed illumination ?

if no available power supply along the field of view , then consider using 2 IR panels mounted close to the camera , one with 45 degree IR that will give 40 - 80 feet range tilted down , the second IR panel would be 15 degree beam tilted up higher and would illuminate 100 - 200 feet .

If its essential to get CCTV for a distant object an " expensive " option is to use wireless transmitters and a camera mounted closer to the target area

If there is no power supply then a solar panel , charger and battery can run a camera . it has been done before but its a last resort unless the client can afford it

sounds like you cant afford to spend that kind of money but i mentioned it in case it helps someone else reading here

I don't plan on buying this camera just wanted to see if you guys thought the price matched the performance. That kind of range is not what im after. I'm purchasing Speco or Pelco cams only