ho_vietnam

IP surveillance/ Access control Integration

Hello everyone!

I would like to getting your advice on integrating IP camera with access control system. I am thinking using TRUEN as IP camera, Vertx as access controller and Genetec as management software. But I am empty mind about Genetec and I think it is also quite expensive. This project is retrofit for a university.

Is there anybody experiencing about this.

Appreciate your reply!

Hi Soundy

Thanks for reply. We want a system can do roughly things :

- Operator will monitor video on monitors with e-map.

- If someone access the door, system will pop up image that overlay card holder's information.

- In case of a guest who does not have card but operator grant him to access door, he/she will force to open door.

- when admin search past event of door access door, he/she can see the image.

- System can configured as server/ client based

Hmm, I know Vigil will do points 1, 2, 4 and 5... and SHOULD be configurable to do 3, with its I/O support. It would need to receive data from the access control system itself for 2 and 4, but it supports a wide range of formats and as long as the access controls can send data via network or serial, it should be workable.

I'm a big fan of the Genetic stuff. Great product and support. They've demo'd the VertX and E400's for us with their system and they appear to all work flawlessly, but I've had a lot of headaches with VertX and E400s on other systems... with nothing to go on but a demo, I'm still a little nervous about trying it out on a large scale project.

So much so instead of replacing another system's head end with Genetec, we ripped it out entirely and slapped in all new hardware from another access control system.

Hmm, I know Vigil will do points 1, 2, 4 and 5... and SHOULD be configurable to do 3, with its I/O support. It would need to receive data from the access control system itself for 2 and 4, but it supports a wide range of formats and as long as the access controls can send data via network or serial, it should be workable.

Hi Soundy,

It seems that Vigil software is just proprietary for 3XLogic hardware, am I right? We need software that work with TRUEN IP camera.

I'm a big fan of the Genetic stuff. Great product and support. They've demo'd the VertX and E400's for us with their system and they appear to all work flawlessly, but I've had a lot of headaches with VertX and E400s on other systems... with nothing to go on but a demo, I'm still a little nervous about trying it out on a large scale project.

So much so instead of replacing another system's head end with Genetec, we ripped it out entirely and slapped in all new hardware from another access control system.

Hi fa chris,

Could you tell me what Genetec's product codes that I need to get job done? Thanks in advance!

Hi Soundy,

It seems that Vigil software is just proprietary for 3XLogic hardware, am I right? We need software that work with TRUEN IP camera.

Technically, it's proprietary to their capture cards (although I've installed it on a machine using a VideoInsight card that's the same hardware as the Vigil card), but it will work with a wide list of IP cameras. I don't know about TRUEN specifically, but it does have ONVIF support, as well as generic RTSP and HTTP support that will let you enter your own URL strings, so it should work with a number of unlisted cameras.

Thanks for Soundy's suggestion for Vigil but it seems not feasible for our project in non-technical aspects.

Who are expertise of Genetec stuff can help me?

More question! Can I combine Genetec with other manufacturer's NVR?

Genetec provides the software, you can put them on whatever server you want. We've used Dell, HP, and custom built servers as our NVR's.

For video and access, you need Genetec Security Center, which combines omnicast (the video portion) and Synergis (the access portion).

Email sales@genetec.com with a list of equipment you need licenses and everything for.

Thanks, Fa chris! I've emailed to Genetec but they have not answered yet. Regarding NVR, I mean embedded NVR but not PC-based server. Can I use Webgate NVR with Genetec?

Thanks, Fa chris! I've emailed to Genetec but they have not answered yet. Regarding NVR, I mean embedded NVR but not PC-based server. Can I use Webgate NVR with Genetec?

The best solution for you is to hire somebody