Sign in to follow this  
Gashog

Newb #20038

My name is Ted.

My goal is to source, install and setup a home CCTV system using ZoneMinder on a Debian server and used components.

My budget is basically zero.

I see that some members here sell used cameras and components on eBay. I have not looked at the classified section yet but I would be interested in purchasing my hardware here (meaning from members), once I know what I need.

Thanks in advance.

My name is Ted.

My goal is to source, install and setup a home CCTV system using ZoneMinder on a Debian server and used components.

My budget is basically zero.

I see that some members here sell used cameras and components on eBay. I have not looked at the classified section yet but I would be interested in purchasing my hardware here (meaning from members), once I know what I need.

Thanks in advance.

hi gashog. your zero budget may need a little working on ..... but a good place to start is here http://www.nellyssurplus.com/servlet/the-Cameras/Categories

how many cameras are you looking at using and what type of installation will you be doing ?

hi gashog. your zero budget may need a little working on ..... but a good place to start is here http://www.nellyssurplus.com/servlet/the-Cameras/Categories

how many cameras are you looking at using and what type of installation will you be doing ?

Yes, I'll work on it.

I think I'll probably start with three cameras but I should start a new thread to discuss the details. I'll do that once I read up a little more but, basically, I'm looking at an old workstation with two drives running either Debian or Debian based Ubintu or Mint server OS.

Thanks

Edit: Ubuntu is what I meant.

If you need we could help you there.

With my budget?!! Horay!

I'm kidding

I'm still informing myself. I'll have questions soon, I'm sure.