myplace46

User interface...

I'm really unhappy with the software that came with my(stand alone) DVR.

Do I have to use it or is there an alternative solution?

any suggestions muchly appreciated.

Thanks,

John

when you buy a standalone dvr, you're also pledging to use their proprietary software. usually, there are no alternatives.

as you've found out, there's a whoooooole lot more to the picture when selecting a DVR other than price and spec sheets.

what's the make/ model dvr?

when you buy a standalone dvr, you're also pledging to use their proprietary software. usually, there are no alternatives.

as you've found out, there's a whoooooole lot more to the picture when selecting a DVR other than price and spec sheets.

I agree with Bpzle all the OS is natively design for the utility, it is hard to change unless it takes the same solutions, but even this all features and functions is not equivalent.

Yeah, you'd think I'd learn not to try to skimp on technology.

Its a no name 8ch DVR made in China.

I wouldn't have anything against this software if it would actually work. one of the problems is after playing back prerecorded video for a while

it just quits. plus, if I open the program called "view cams" it won't let me save my device after I set it up in "Device manager" once I close it out the next time I

open it, I have to set it up all over again. That and I still can't get the email function to work. If you have any suggestions, I'm listening...

Thanks,

John

I'd ebay it and invest in something better. PM me an email and I can send you some live demos of some budget friendly solutions that I garuntee will blow that thing out of the water.

I'd ebay it and invest in something better. PM me an email and I can send you some live demos of some budget friendly solutions that I garuntee will blow that thing out of the water.

OK, PM sent.