jetspeedz

8 Ch Non Active X remote viewing Similar to AVtech model DVR

Who else other then AVtech makes java based web viewer DVR's?

Avtech does not have full D1 recording in 8 ch but do in 4 channel. So im looking first for non Active X software which works in IE and firefox then after that a DVR that is D1 capable.

I have looked at Dahua but i don't believe they have non ActiveX software and full D1 recording.

Help!!!!!

Thanks

Who else other then AVtech makes java based web viewer DVR's?

Avtech does not have full D1 recording in 8 ch but do in 4 channel. So im looking first for non Active X software which works in IE and firefox then after that a DVR that is D1 capable.

I have looked at Dahua but i don't believe they have non ActiveX software and full D1 recording.

Help!!!!!

Thanks

avermedia

I looked at that last week and was a click away from purchasing it. However they require ActiveX installer to view online and that does not work for my needs.

I need a remote view software like this which is java based and give me full control of everything i need via remote login.

http://216.106.180.218:94/

If only Avtech had an 8 channel that had D1 it would be a done deal or Avermedia with java based remote software.

Any other suggestions?

dahua is coming out with webviewer 3.0 which works in Safari on Mac so ...

maybe they are moving away from activeX. .. dont know for sure yet.

I'm PC based, but im sure if they don't require it for Mac it will be the same for PC.

Is there anything now on the market that will meet my needs?

I suppose i can run two 4 channel but that is not practical

I suppose i can run two 4 channel but that is not practical

Not without the client software, the browser is for the DVR IP you connect to in the browser.

Why not use the client software?

I intend to use the software locally but the issue is when im away from home i can't install plugins to FF or download ActiveX plugins so i need a java based remote view software.

No one seems to make sure a DVR i guess.

is only 60fps at D1 which is only 7.5fps

that depends on which unit you are looking at. is there a reason why you cant run active x

I was looking at the 8 channel hybrid model. They only show two dvrs one 4 channel and other 8ch.

Can't run activeX b/c im not local admin on PC's when im on the road and they are blocked. I need a simple java based remote software.

I intend to use the software locally but the issue is when im away from home i can't install plugins to FF or download ActiveX plugins so i need a java based remote view software.

No one seems to make sure a DVR i guess.

Problem is the same issue arises with Java in many cases where there are so many variations of Windows OS out there now, some just dont have Java updated and requires a further download.

Agree, but where I work java is up to date so that is no an issue in my case. But you are absolutely correct.

Qvis has a hybrid DVR that will meet my requirements but i don't know the cost yet. I requested an 8 channel version so im curious to see what the cost will be for an 8 channel variant.

I might just have to settle on a 7fps 8 channel avtech or two 4 channels which just seems ridiculous.

USB ports are blocked believe me im surprised i even have access to my NAS on the unlcass PC's. I have an extreme circumstance b/c of where i work which is why i need a java based viewer

thanks

USB ports are blocked believe me im surprised i even have access to my NAS on the unlcass PC's. I have an extreme circumstance b/c of where i work which is why i need a java based viewer

thanks

with your problems i would leave you works pc and solve your problem with a iphone or android

thanks

with your problems i would leave you works pc and solve your problem with a iphone or android

Java based viewer works just fine, no Phones allowed where i work either so you get the idea.

I might just settle on 7fps although i would like more.

sounds like you need something even more basic like Javascript.

Java works fine. Just an issue of finding the right hardware. A rep called me back on the Hybrid Qvis system and that runs a couple thousand dollars for D1 and java based which is much more than i want to spend.

Thanks ill look into it but I'm still looking for that simple solution.

The interface is almost identical to my Synology Nas and makes me wonder if they copied it. for those not familiar here is the Synology software

http://www.synology.com/products/dsm_livedemo.php?lang=us

With that when I goto live view for that camera I get:

Please install JRE and enable Java applet plugin.

Please install Java

I do have Java ofcourse, just not the version they use.