blowrabbit

who has the best in audio/video remote view dvrs?

what do you think is the best mid to high range dvr that supports audio with the video on one channel to be accessed REMOTELY via wan to play both live and playback of prerecorded time. ideally one that does it without haveing to save it to a file first [wavereader]. i have heard from clinton electronics that they have an embeded dvr #800 coming out soon that will do this. who is the big frog in this small pond?

For me, I-View's audio works greatest --- both live and playback audio, and both in the IE browser and the dedicated remote client software (Freeview Pro).

A few other units that claim to have audio support won't allow me to listen REMOTELY (neither live or playback) but only plays locally via the audio output jack on the DVR.

Only ones ive tested remotely with streaming audio so far is the PowerTellecomm R4000 4 channel Standalone, and just lately, GeoVision, as i was included that in the remote software i customised. Both worked well.

GE is actually one of the few that doesnt stream audio, but I think the limitation is really with the most secure and stable RTOS they use, which others dont, thats the Nucleus RTOS. It just cant do what Linux can, just as Linux cant do what Windows can...

For audio check out GeoVisions Combo cards. Iview also has real time cards with additional audio add ons. GeoVision may be being used by alot of peeps that dont have much clue about CCTV, but they really do have the accessories, or at least, they use decent hardware that has all the accessories.

My two cents guys...

All the DVRs from the majors have this feature. We mainly use Loroe audio mics and they provide all the necessary cables and hardware for it to work perfectly. Have not had any issues for audio sink with video clip, but it is a one channel, so you need to program to idenitify which video will have the audio overlay.

One issue that comes back is the up and down speed of the Internet connection at the DVR and at the other end. If your up speed at the DVR is less than 256KB, then you will see very chuppy video and audio will be off sink. If you have higher up speed at DVR side and low down speed at remote side, the same issue exist. So plan ahead to make sure that up speed at DVR side and down speed at remote side are at least 256KB speed or better...

Levon

what do you think is the best mid to high range dvr that supports audio with the video on one channel to be accessed REMOTELY via wan to play both live and playback of prerecorded time.

hi!

just try folliwing URL (password/ID: "test"/"test")

www.direx-pro.com

Truth is many do it now.. truth sadly is..most havea latency effect or poor quality to keep lipsync.. if you need lipsync, then you need something that will stream MPEG2, the difference is that MPEG2 encodes Audio with Video in the same stream, hence no Lipsync probs... VCS is good for this and some high end network cams!