SecurityNub

Flipping the image upside down?

In my DVR there is this Pan/Tilt/Zoom option, and in it I see a button for flip, but it doesn't do anything when I press it. Now I did have to choose a protocol before I did this, but I don't know if I chose the right protocol, or how to tell which is the right one.

The "flip" option in a camera usually only applies when the camera passes a certain point, and wants to maintain a direction of travel.... that is, if you were tilting the camera down, it would normally stop when it's pointing right at the ground; a "flip" option would allow the camera to continue tilting back up the other direction, either by spinning the camera 180 degrees and then tilting it back up, or by flipping the image and continuing tilting in the same direction (usually the former).

If there's an option in the DVR, it may only apply if the camera supports that command. PTZ controls don't typically affect the image in the DVR; they just send commands to the cameras.

Nothing that simple. I'm not aware, offhand, of a DVR that will do it. Numerous cameras contain flip and/or mirror options via their onscreen menus (some of which may be configurable via RS-485 remote control). You might be able to find some sort of video signal processor that will do it externally, but that could get expensive - might be easier to just access the camera and turn it over physically.

In my DVR there is this Pan/Tilt/Zoom option

which dvr and ptz do you have. also on the china units some words mean other things Flip may also mean switch. i.e switch between two cameras