Sign in to follow this  
SEANHAWG

Kindle Fire Review

I bought my wife a Kindle Fire for Christmas and gave it to her early.

These things are pretty cool. I know that alot of people are comparing this to the Ipad but I dont think thats a fair comparison. I have not used an Ipad extensively but I am sure that its cooler than the fire. But the fire is still pretty cool for the price.

From what I understand, they are selling these right below their cost and are making up for it in media sales. I read some reviews on Amazon that made me kind of nervous but after I tested it, most of those reviews were hogwash. I kept reading where the browser was slow, this is hogwash, it actually seemed faster than Firefox or internet explorer on the same exact network on a computer. Some of the reviews also said the touch screen is non-responsive, this is completely hogwash. Its so responsive that I could sometimes barely hover my finger over the screen and it would seem to detect that. If you are a big reader and a media fanatic, I would recommend this to anyone. Sure its not an Ipad, but for a super glorified E-reader, you cant go wrong.

What would make this even cooler is if they opened it up to the Android market, if they found a way to make it compatible.

I bought my wife a Kindle Fire for Christmas and gave it to her early.

Sean now your going to have to buy her something to open on christmas day (something with dimonds on)

I read some reviews on Amazon that made me kind of nervous

most of the reviews are the old kindle they brought out the new generation in october in touch screen and faster connections a friend of mine owns a car workshop says its also a good little unit ALL car manuals in 1 book

be good to do the same with DVR manuals out in the field

During Black Friday a Target store was selling them for $123 (huge mistake). Pretty soon everybody and their momma was trying to get them price matched at different stores. A lot of people were successful. There are news articles on the web. Slickdeals has a huge thread about it with pictures.

Enjoy!