polerax

instalation great distance

i have problems wiht test whit my cable, i try to install 800m of utp whit active baluns in extrems, test whit battery of 12V and 5A and dont work, then test energy directly in the camera and only video over utp and the camera stay in white and black

how i can make this work correctly? i buy this camera, but in this moment test whit a little camera

http://www.sanan-cctv.com/en/products/PIXIM-Series_SA-1523P.html

and second, i think install this cameras in the exterior, 700tvl and the IR distance, what is better, box camera or this bullet, the bullet i buy whit a 2.8mm lens?

please give me a hand

thanks

(sorry my english i speak spanish)

800m on cat5 UTP is a long way and I suspect the voltage drop you are getting on this cable is going to be too much.

If you have a multimeter, measure the voltage at the camera when it is meant to be running. If it is lse that 11.5 volts, that is the problem.

Because you have 2 nice IR lights and the camera to power up, UTP is not a good option.

Can you move the power closer to the camera and only use the UTP for the video?

Tim Norton

800m on cat5 UTP is a long way and I suspect the voltage drop you are getting on this cable is going to be too much.

If you have a multimeter, measure the voltage at the camera when it is meant to be running. If it is lse that 11.5 volts, that is the problem.

Because you have 2 nice IR lights and the camera to power up, UTP is not a good option.

Can you move the power closer to the camera and only use the UTP for the video?

Tim Norton

in this moment i try to speak whit the client for put a electric point (220v) for use a 12v power supply for the camera, i think the client tell me yes, but if he tell me no is a big problem, and the utp whit and black image, what is the reason?

Black and white image can be caused by two reasons:

1. Low light. Camera is switсhed to black and white mode. You should increase light.

2. Loss of color subcarrier in the videosignal because of falling hight frequencies on the UTP amplitude-frequency characteristic. To correct this you should adjust correction on your balun or use other more advanced twisted pair transmitter/receiver. Changing cable, Camera, Monitor, DVR can correct this or not.

camera is a IR 700 tvl bullet for exteriors, i test balun today, is possible be this, and what cable is better for 800m of distance?

thanks

If there is a voltage drop problem, use 2 or even 3 pairs of the cat5 for power. I have always used at least two, and never had problems with runs under ~300'. Use a multimeter to check voltage at both ends.

Its possible your baluns are junk. More likely, you need an active balun at one (or maybe both) of the ends. This allows the signal to go much farther. 800' is a rather far distance!

Also, test the camera with a monitor locally, to see if it is putting out a color or BW image. I'd bet the camera is simply switching to BW because its in a low-light area.

Power cable of 800 meters is too long for UTP 0.5mm2 and camera consumption 0.75A/12VDC

Voltage drop will be U=0.75*(800*0.035*2)=42 Volt!

Even 20 twisted pairs in parallel don't solve this problem. You should place the power supply next to the camera. Maximal length of UTP cable equals 20meters with voltage drop = 1 volt.

But losing colour can be a separated problem caused by losing colour subcarrier.

and what cable you recommended? maybe siames cable?

If an electric socket (220v) near to the camera is impossible, I recommend to lead 220VAC by separated power cable of 0.75mm2 and place the power supply of 12VDC near to the camera.

To return color try to use better twisted pair active transmitter and receiver with adjusting correction.

and what cable you recommended? maybe siames cable?

If an electric socket (220v) near to the camera is impossible, I recommend to lead 220VAC by separated power cable of 0.75mm2 and place the power supply of 12VDC near to the camera.

To return color try to use better twisted pair active transmitter and receiver with adjusting correction.

in this moment i try to put the energy separate power, no problem, but the image? 800m image what is better, utp or rg59? to return color i can use active baluns for each side,1 in the dvr and 1 in the camera, this correct my color image lost?

If there is a voltage drop problem, use 2 or even 3 pairs of the cat5 for power. I have always used at least two, and never had problems with runs under ~300'.

Even 20 twisted pairs in parallel don't solve this problem.

birdman is right. more pairs is better for the amps.

what is better, utp or rg59?

UTP for that distance. also you have a duel voltage camera you do need to use the 24v side

i make my test the weekend and buy this balun all run perfectly, thanks

whit this balun is possible give power to the camera in this distance? i try but the power lost

I have subdivision project running about 800 meters of distance, since available RG6 305 meters only. It is right to splice connecting to another 305 RG6 cable until reaching 800meters to DVR. Where it should the video amplier place in the camera or in the DVR?

To start with RG6 is not the best choice for CCTV and doubly so when you are trying to run 800m. RG6 is designed for RF signals in the hundreds of MHz range NOT CCTV baseband signals up to 6Mhz. The shielding on RG6 is similarly designed for HF RF and performs poorly at frequencies below 50Mhz. So by trying to use RG6 to 800m your result will be degraded signal level as well as poor noise shielding. The high frequencies of your signal will suffer most over this distance resulting in loss of colour & maybe horizontal tearing of the picture. This can be overcome to some extent with pre-emphasis. By amplifying the high frequency signals to allow for the cable attenuation before the signal is transmitted along the coax the system can be set up to have a relatively flat frequency response. Also by amplifying the resultant pre-emphasised signal we can overcome the overall (dc) losses due to the cable length.

So in short we - pre-emphasise to compensate for high frequency losses

- pre-amplify to compensate for amplitude losses

- S/N improves as the signal has been amplified while the noise stays the same

If you do post-amplification then you amplify noise as well as signal

If you take this path then use RG59 (or RG11) and at least most of the noise problem will disappear