zs1

QVIS Apollo HD 8 chan - Search for motion detection?

Just got my Apollo 8Ch in yesterday and have it setup. I'm confused as to how to search for motion detection. I have recording setup for "manual" for all my cameras, and it's supposed to be recording all the time (as far as I see, it is). But I'm at a loss on figuring out how to search for when motion detection occurred. I do a search for "MD" but nothing comes up. I know there were MD events during the day because I saw the red icon appear on the cam screens during the day.

Its because you are recording continuously and not on motion. When you are doing a search, it searches the recordings, and since there are no motion detection recordings, nothing is pulling up. If you want to search motion detection recordings, you must set up your motion detection settings and record on schedule. To see how to setup motion detection properly: http://www.nellyssurplus.com/motiondetection.pdf

If you want to record nonstop but still be alerted on motion, then perhaps you can setup email alerts and you will be notified by email whenever there is motion, but you will still be recording non-stop. Here is a guide on email alerts:

http://www.nellyssurplus.com/emailmotion.pdf

Feel free to shoot me a PM if you have any other questions.

You can add motion record to the schedule along side regular record.

then you can search for motion events too.

This does however take up some more space on your hard drive/s.

as it has to stop regular record to create a new motion record file, then when motion is done it has to stop motion and create a new regular record file, etc.

Hi Guys.

Is it possible for you guys to tell me how to set this up to record both manually and motion only please? I'm aware that it'll make separate files as it goes along and senses motion. I'm thinking that I can add a few seconds before the motion and a few seconds after the motion just to be covered. That is one thing that I hated about my q-see dvr. It created separate files but the file started sometimes in the middle of the motion activation because it would take too long to make a separate file or something. Sometimes up to 10 seconds of video was lost.

In any case, I've tried setting up the motion detection. But the same as the OP, when I go to search for the MD, the Apollo doesn't find any and just shows the regular records.

Thanks guys!

It makes only 1 file, either motion or normal record.

Go to schedule and check both normal and motion and enable for all days and copy to all channels you want this for. If using firmware 2.608 also adjust the encode settings for Motion Record. And lastly make sure motion detection is enabled in the "Detect" settings (default will be).

If you have spare channels, you can split a cam's output and use one channel for motion, one for full-time. I used to do this for a critical cam where I didn't want to miss anything but wanted motion to help me find the good stuff.

If the input impedance on the DVR isn't high enough or the cam's output is a bit weak, splitting it may cause both images to degrade, but this is dependent on both DVR and camera. The only way to be sure is to watch it as you plug in the second input.

Hmmm...that's an interesting idea.

Not sure what i'm doing wrong but it still isn't showing any MD recordings when looking at the playback list. I do have both manual and motion detection checked off in the scheduling page.

I'll continue to play with the settings.