Shopdawg

Can someone help.

I run a company that sells construction products, over the last few weeks we've had some theft in our yard--mainly wire mesh. The yard is about 200 ' long and about 75' wide; I would mount the cameras near the top of the building (20' high). Now I have no idea what cameras are good or even what type of setup I need.

I would like to be able to have 24hour surveillance, with the ability to view the camera from my desk at work. I would also (if possible) like to view it from my home PC. I want a camera that I could control from my PC; it also must have clarity enough to read a license plate. I would like to do this for under $2000 if possible

Sorry if I sounded like a moron--because I am when it comes to this stuff. Thanks in advance.

Welcome to our forum... You have good questions and a very specific needs and we will do our best to help...

Few questions:

1. Do you want color or B&W cameras?

2. How many cameras?

3. Are the cameras to be installed only outside or your need one inside?

4. How many days of recording do you need? 7 days, 14 days or more?

5. What is the approximate distance from camera(s) to your office?

Present recorders will give you ability to record video, playback locally (at the DVR side) or remotely or give you access to the same video outside of your construction area. The part that will be very difficult is to capture license plates as a hardware required for that type of equipment is very expensive. However, if you get a high res camera equipment and have a decent light in your area, then chances are that you will see a lot, but may not see the license plate...

You can view content of your DVR locally or from home via Internet. Do you have a DSL in your construction area?

Price points are very much possible if you can answer the questions above. I am sure that some of our members will give you a quote for hardware.

Levon

Welcome to our forum... You have good questions and a very specific needs and we will do our best to help...

Few questions:

1. Do you want color or B&W cameras?

2. How many cameras?

3. Are the cameras to be installed only outside or your need one inside?

4. How many days of recording do you need? 7 days, 14 days or more?

5. What is the approximate distance from camera(s) to your office?

Present recorders will give you ability to record video, playback locally (at the DVR side) or remotely or give you access to the same video outside of your construction area. The part that will be very difficult is to capture license plates as a hardware required for that type of equipment is very expensive. However, if you get a high res camera equipment and have a decent light in your area, then chances are that you will see a lot, but may not see the license plate...

You can view content of your DVR locally or from home via Internet. Do you have a DSL in your construction area?

Price points are very much possible if you can answer the questions above. I am sure that some of our members will give you a quote for hardware.

Levon

Thanks for the response fellas. First off im located in Cleveland Ohio.

To answer your questions:

I would prefer a color camera if it can fall under my $2k limit.

I was thinking 2 cameras should be enough. I would put one on each corner of the building.

The cameras will be outside.

Im not sure what you mean by "how many days of recording I need 7 or 14". I just need it to record activity after hours and weekends.

The distance from the cameras to the office would be approx 300'.

We have DSL at the office and I also have it at home.

I guess reading the license plate isn't that important, the yard is well lit at night so maybe it would work anyway.

Few other options I'm looking for--Can the cameras detect motion after hours then somehow alert me via email that someone is in our yard after hours? Would it be possible for me to move the camera from my PC (zoom in/out and pan left/right? or is this option to great for my $2k limit.

Thank you guys very much for the help.

Mike.

Well, if you are looking for a PTZ, then you are looking at around 2-4K per cam, plus the DVR.

Where are you located???????

Your need for a PTZ camera will not cover in your budget, so PTZ based sytstem will not be avail...

Here are your options:

(2) day/night camera with 5.0mm - 50.0mm autoiris lens.

(2) outdoor housing with heater & blower

1 spool of siamese cable and connectors

power supply

either 4 channel or 9 channel DVR.

One of your main requirements for the DVR is to inform you of any presence in your yard... The problem with that is if there is a wind, rain or any animal going near by, you will be notified and that will be a major drag of your time... My suggestion is when you notice something is missing or there is a notification that something was stollen, then you will have the chance to playback the video and view who is doing it and then when it was taking place.

The above hardware can be had for less than your budget and I am sure there are several members that can help to send you a quote.. If you need additional information please pm me...

Levon

Again thanks for the help. Here's a quote I received, can you tell me if this looks like it will work for my needs listed above.

2- WV-CP484 Panasonic camera color/B&W 1/3" super Dynamic III Day/Night operaion, 540 TVL, .5lux, 12VDC/24VAC= $408 ea

2- ACH13HBWM Outdoor camera housing, 24vac heater & blower w/WM800 wall mount- $179.00 ea

1- Vivotek 4-channel video server with loop through video $699 ea

1- Milestone Xprotect Professional - 4 camera network based digital recording software $1,075.00

Total- $2990.00

To me it seems very expensive, but I'm clueless when it come to this stuff. That's why I turned to you guys.

I will not say it is bad, what I will say is the mix of the products do not look right... Where are the lenses, the cables, the connectors and the power supply? Why is the outdoor housing with heater and blower so high?

I am not familiar with this DVR or its sofware, but I know you can do better...

What is the warranty that they gave you for this hardware?

If you want, I will PM you a quote. Please confirm!

Levon

thats IP software then you also need a PC ...

quote looks like a cluster **^&^ ...

Id suggest a real DVR ...

Ok, I don't see the following on this quote:

Lens?

Wire?

Connectors?

Power Supply?

I have seen what you need, and here is what I can offer:

(2) Ganz YCH-02B Day Night Cameras, with 6mm-60mm Auto Iris Lenses.

(2) American Dynamics ADCH10HBMT8 Exterior Housings, Heater, Blower and Mount.

(1) Sanyo Network DVR, Model DSR-3009H80. It's a 9 Channel DVR with a 80GIG HD, Networkable, and for the price of a 4 channel, might as well go with this one.

(1) Altronix ALTV244, 4 Channel 24VAC Power Supply, at 4 Amps.

(1) Spool of 500' of Siamese Cable, with 95% Copper, and Power leads.

(10) Pieces of BNC Twist on Connectors, and (2) Power Leads for the cameras. (unless you want crimp on, and pay an extra 40-150 for the tool alone)

I can do all for xxxx.xx plus shipping.

let me know.

Hermin

sorry guys, I realized what I did and it was an innocent mistake, I will kick myself in the a$$ for that one.

Edited by Guest

Thanks guys. Please PM me quotes, and I'll buy it from someone here then. Please include in the quote a 3rd camera for indoor use, I may want to put one in my showroom.

The quote I listed did have the power supply and 40' of cable I just didn't list it, but there is no mention of the lens.

You guys have been a lot of help, so I'll show my gratitude by sending some business your way.