troy6363

Question about this CNB Camera

Im new to CNB cameras and wanted to order a camera to see for myself since alot of the forum members here use them. Its a vandal proof dome camera. Its inexpensive and I just wanted to know if anyone has used this camera in an outdoor application. If so , how do you like it and how does it perform. I think its discontinued also so I got it pretty cheap.

CNB-V4710N

Product Description

1/3 inch Sony Super HAD CCD

High Resolution : 480TV Lines

Built-in Fixed Lens (f=3.8mm)

Auto White Balance

AGC, BLC (On/Off)

Min Illumination : 0.3 Lux

Extra Video Out Port for Installer

3—Axis Camera Construction

Vandal-proof Dome Housing

Dome Size : 68mm

Surface Mount Type

DC 12V

secams38-d93.jpg.3029e435b8c69aee9fad6473eb641c48.jpg

I was also impressed by the weight of this little camera. It has a nice heavy feel to it and seems to actually be somewhat vandal proof as described.

has used this camera in an outdoor application

hi these are for internal use only and not rated for outdoor use. another problem would be the dome as they are for internal the dome is not UV rated so in time it will turn yellow.

both of these CNB are vandal indoor only.

NonSlipDome-1.gif

vb411225-1.jpg

We have a couple of those in one site... they're good in the day; not so much at night, as they're not a day/night camera.

minicam20test-1.jpg

minicam20test20120night-1.jpg

minicam20test202-1.jpg

minicam20test20220night-1.jpg

Thanks guys. Your info is so helpful. I didn't even realize it was an indoor cam. I guess I got caught up in the price and the vandal look. It doesn't mention an up rating which should have alerted me that it's not an outdoor. Thanks Soundy for the pics. Couldn't ask for more than that. The pic quality is actually not that bad to be a cheaper cam

Built-in Fixed Lens (f=3.8mm)

Best to use the camera with a FOV that puts the ID shot at no more than 8' or closer from that camera. That lens will offer a wide view but it won't provide useful ID much further than that- just pictures of people you can't make out too well as evidenced by soundy's day pics, and somewhat the night shots. Being a noob myself and having my cams up for about nine months now, as I reassess my views the one thing I 'overlooked' and didn't 'focus' on was the target ID distance for best ID'ing purposes- not just for the most coverage per camera. Four of my eight cameras are entirely too wide, with a fifth needing adjustment. I accomplished what I wanted initially, but now I think some of my cameras are a bit wasted and in a serious situation, I would have a challenge getting really good ID captures. Everything in the chain is important for sure but as I'm learning now, don't forget one big important thing- your target ID shot and what size lens will give you the best picture of it. Not one of my cameras is a varifocal. Lesson learned. All will be swapped over time for appropriate varifocals for the area. Good luck to you too!

For the DVRs I use ... it has its issues which others dont - specifically in the network view, not local view.

Other than that its okay.

Ive since switched to mostly KT&C though, get the Sony Effio for only a couple dollars more.

And its a higher res camera, although that matters little unless you have a DVR that supports it, which most dont.

That said the camera I use would depend on the application.

I still use CNB for certain things, eg. WDR Domes, and I use KT&C for others, and even unknown brands for other applications. Every camera location is different and the camera used should not be limited by a brand name.

Every camera location is different and the camera used should not be limited by a brand name.

" title="Applause" /> well said

Every camera location is different and the camera used should not be limited by a brand name.

" title="Applause" /> well said

thank you.

I've said it a hundred times on this forum over the years ...

I mean it, and I live by it.