commandcenter1

16 channel dvr suggestion

Hello

Im putting together a system and would like some suggestions for a dvr for residential use

Id like full d1 recording 30 fps on each channel so i can have fluid recording and playback just the way i see the events as they occur.

It must be very reliable.

-internet viewing

- hdmi output would be nice to see a clear sharp image on a nice monitor

- the ability to hook up two monitors

-usb and or dvd back up

please fill me in looking to make purchase soon

My 16 CH DVR at work only goes as high as 3 FPS on D1 for each channel and it has been more than enough to get convictions in a former drug prone high crime area. My home DVR, records D1 7 FPS on 3 of its channels and 30 on one. I too was once concerned about not having 30 FPS on all channels but it is not worth the additional hard drive space given the main purpose of surveillance recording.

You might want to check out the Dahua (Qvis) line.

30fps is "nice" but generally overrated, and rarely required. Most people won't see a difference at 15fps, and even at 7.5fps they might see a difference, but would be hard pressed to say exactly what it is. See this tool for examples: http://www.panasonic.com/business/security/demos/PSS-recording-rates.html

Go with more realistic requirements, and you can greatly increase your options and lower your budget.

Thanks

lets see if i shoot for 15 fps then which ones would you suggest?

and how long do dvr's typically last? i see many on ebay used that are broken and just for parts, seems like many of these tend to fail

thanks

What's your budget?

If you want something that lasts, don't cheap out - good ones can run for several years.