chesterfield

ahh I see

So far for the £8k budget I have:

2 x 5mp domes - (5.0MP-HD-Dome-DN) - or similar compatible equivalent - both mounted outdoor.

4 x 3mp domes - (3.0MP-HD-Dome-DN) or similar compatible device. 1 for indoor, 3 for outdoor.

1 x 3mp camera - (3.0MP-HD-DN) or similar compatible device, for use in garage.

1 x Standard license for Avigilon Control Center (not enterprise) for 8 cameras. 8C-HD-NVMS-STD

However, the internal dome may be 2mp (2.0MP-HD-H264-DC1) depending on whether it can cover the area I want. Room is 7m x 5m (23' x 16'5") with one external french door.

garage is currently 5.7m x 5.6m (18'9" by 18'5) so this too could possibly be done by a 2mp camera, but would prefer the 3mp I think. In time this is going to be 14.5m x 6.5m (47'7" x 21'4") so will probably need an extra camera at the opposite end. (not included in the present budget)

All network cable, POE switches and the server are excluded from the budget. I can provide these as I already have them, with the exception of the server, that can either be provided by me, or by the installer depending on what they want to charge for it. I full understand that no hardware support for the server would be provided if I provided this. So if theirs isn't that much more Id probably go for that depending on what warranty they provide with it.

As and when the building is extended, I will have to add expansion licenses for the number of cameras, and obviously cameras themselves. The budget of £8k is for the items listed at the top. Though I reckon at a push I may be able to get a server in the budget possibly, though if I want to record say a month at a time, Id probably need to spec a bit more for the HDD space.

Edited to add: I have a room available with comms cabinet ready to accept all connections, longest run of cat 5e at present would be be around 30/40m in either direction of the switch.

Hope that helps

2 x 5mp domes - (5.0MP-HD-Dome-DN) - or similar compatible equivalent - both mounted outdoor.

4 x 3mp domes - (3.0MP-HD-Dome-DN) or similar compatible device. 1 for indoor, 3 for outdoor.

1 x Standard license for Avigilon Control Center (not enterprise) for 8 cameras. 8C-HD-NVMS-STD

However, the internal dome may be 2mp (2.0MP-HD-H264-DC1) depending on whether it can cover the area I want. Room is 7m x 5m (23' x 16'5") with one external french door.

garage is currently 5.7m x 5.6m (18'9" by 18'5) so this too could possibly be done by a 2mp camera, but would prefer the 3mp I think. In time this is going to be 14.5m x 6.5m (47'7" x 21'4") so will probably need an extra camera at the opposite end. (not included in the present budget)

Keep in mind that all HD 3-5 MP domes cameras comes without lenses

have you decide what you want for lenses ?

I personally would just use H.264

comes with remote zoom and focus lens

look at the coverage example

24122055-2.jpg

Id go with the H264 indoors if the 2mp was enough for the living room - which I think it will be. However for the garage I would like as much detail as possible and I did not think that th H264 with auto lenses went above 2mp. The present garage installation calls for about a 4-5mm lense to cover the width of the garage at the distance of 5-6m.

The 5mp externals would need 5mm lenses given the distance to target and scene width.

Ive been using this calculator to come to those conclusions:

http://www.plugnplaytechnologies.com/av/avigilon%20-%20the%20best%20evidence%20-%20%20camera%20resolution%20and%20lens%20estimator.htm

Ideally Im looking to get around 75px/ft or at minimum 60px/ft. I know I cant cover the whole house at that resolution for the budget, but pinch points of entrances, out buildings & entances/exits to the property, and doors to the building along with two rooms internally should hopefully be possible.

The installer will hopefully be able to advise on different lenses to cover the relevant areas, but hopefully Im not a million miles out.

What do you think - is that equipment within budget or am I way out?

The lenses are the one item I havent found any prior evidence of pricing on. Clearly if they are $1000 a piece then I may be out of luck, but I hope they aren't

Keep in mind that all HD 3-5 MP domes cameras comes without lenses

have you decide what you want for lenses ?

I personally would just use H.264

comes with remote zoom and focus lens

look at the coverage example

24122055-1.jpg

You are not helping encourage tourism to Canada with that picture.... I'll try to post some 2MP and 5MP Avigilon samples from a landfill I did recently, they are prettier!

Id go with the H264 indoors if the 2mp was enough for the living room - which I think it will be. However for the garage I would like as much detail as possible and I did not think that th H264 with auto lenses went above 2mp. The present garage installation calls for about a 4-5mm lense to cover the width of the garage at the distance of 5-6m.

The 5mp externals would need 5mm lenses given the distance to target and scene width.

Ive been using this calculator to come to those conclusions:

http://www.plugnplaytechnologies.com/av/avigilon%20-%20the%20best%20evidence%20-%20%20camera%20resolution%20and%20lens%20estimator.htm

Ideally Im looking to get around 75px/ft or at minimum 60px/ft. I know I cant cover the whole house at that resolution for the budget, but pinch points of entrances, out buildings & entances/exits to the property, and doors to the building along with two rooms internally should hopefully be possible.

The installer will hopefully be able to advise on different lenses to cover the relevant areas, but hopefully Im not a million miles out.

What do you think - is that equipment within budget or am I way out?

The lenses are the one item I havent found any prior evidence of pricing on. Clearly if they are $1000 a piece then I may be out of luck, but I hope they aren't

The Kowa varifocal's (great lenses, BTW) I've used with the 5MP box cam aren't cheap.. Not quite $1K (USD), but definitely not cheap.

Thanks for that will have to see what the installers come up with and let you know. Hopefully they should get back to me at some point next week.

Any views on budget for that list of devices? A simple yes its possible or no its not is ok if people dont want to give prices out etc...

You are not helping encourage tourism to Canada with that picture.... I'll try to post some 2MP and 5MP Avigilon samples from a landfill I did recently, they are prettier!

I was not trying to promote Canada

by the way job was done by person having no clue

I sold him product

explain how and what to do

He installed

I setup

You will be pleased to know I now have my quote. For the software and cameras it comes in within budget.

3 x 3mp outdoor domes with heater and 4-12mm lens

2 x 3mp indoor domes with 4-12mm lens

2 x 5mp outdoor domes with heater and 4-12mm lens

7 x conduit bases for domes

1 x 8 Channel standard Avigilon License

Those particular components within the quote (which contains server & poe switch) comes in at £7,600 including VAT (taxes).

Having chatted with installers and looked at the quality from 2mp cameras, I may be able to exchange the majority of the 3mp domes for 2mp domes in reality, as some only need to cover a 6m x 4m area. I am not an airport/ship dock or customs house. Just a house.

You will be pleased to know I now have my quote. For the software and cameras it comes in within budget.

Those particular components within the quote (which contains server & poe switch) comes in at £7,600 including VAT (taxes).

all avigilon cameras server and switchers for £7.600 including uk vat and canadian tax.

Having chatted with installers and looked at the quality from 2mp cameras, I may be able to exchange the majority of the 3mp domes for 2mp domes in reality, as some only need to cover a 6m x 4m area. I am not an airport/ship dock or customs house. Just a house.

See after all that ***ing and moaning about Avigilon's prices and you got a good deal

The actual prices didnt bother me, it was the way they hide them and the way I couldnt check them. I also have a supply only quote if I like too.

Chopped the 3mp domes down to 2mp where necessary and its down to just under £4000 including VAT, delivered to my door. Happy Bunny

Just need to decide on whether I go for the Avigilon software preloaded onto the server, or provide my own server. Will start another technical discussion now that I have a route to get the hardwareand software I want

Just need to decide on whether I go for the Avigilon software preloaded onto the server, or provide my own server. Will start another technical discussion now that I have a route to get the hardwareand software I want

Sounds like u are intelligent enough

u can do your own server