Sign in to follow this  
myplace46

Pelco DVR

Anybody have any opinion on the pelco DX2000 or DX7000 DVR"s

I'm just wondering if they are worth bothering with or should I wait until I can afford a better unit?

Thanks,

John

Or Dahua? Great standalone dvr with all the bellz and whistles or possible hybrid for future expansion Aver 1004H,8H or 16H?

Or Dahua? Great standalone dvr with all the bellz and whistles or possible hybrid for future expansion Aver 1004H,8H or 16H?

Yes, I have considered them and I still am, I just don't have the cash right now and I can pick up a used DX series DVR really cheap. Plus, it will integrate with my other Pelco gear quite nicely.

Er, check out the power consumption of those Pelco units, then multiply that by 8760 hours per annum times, say, three years in operation and you will quickly find that the efficient DVRs pay for themselves.

I dont know about that series Pelco DVR, but I bought one one time thinking it was going to be awesome since it was a Pelco, and it really was big time lame. Pelco cameras are really great, but their DVR's are not very good and I have had several people agree with me on this. They dont manufacturer their DVR's like they do some of their other products.