Sign in to follow this  
dguley

CAMERA DVR TROUBLE SHOOTING QUESTION

I have a ADT 250 MB DVR with 4 camera system at my home with the cameras in the windows facing out. I self installed and 4 cameras work at one time. The system originally came with 3 specialty hard wired cameras that would function correctly without using infared lights that at night make usual cameras useless due to the reflection in the glass of the windows. I currently cannot find the instruction book on the DVR or was not provided one by ADT and they are hard to do business with.

How can I tell if the DVR system will take more than 4 cameras connected at one time?

Is anything special required to be done if it can take more than 4 cameras regarding the menu of the DVR for a setup to add another camera?

The cameras were allready programmed on the DVR by ADT at another location.

I recently bought a new house that has solar tinted windows and all of my cameras do not work at night inside the window. I have installed motion security lights outside the home, and when they come on the cameras work ok, but not the greatest. The HOA does not allow outdoor cameras where I live and my neighbor is a mental patient and perpertrator that needs to be caught on video to be arrested.

I recently purchased and plugged in as a swap 2 wireless camera's ordered from Best Buy that work fine excellent in the windows at day time or ok at night when the outdoor lights are activated.

I have an expensive bullet style camera with lens adjustment rings that originally worked when I plugged it in, but now if I swap this camera with any of the others to connect to the DVR the screen is black and I do not see any picture and the name of the camera does not appear on the monitor.

I need assistance with determining the problem with this camera, as the DVR does not beep indicating that the connection is loose.

Additionally I am looking to purchase a hidden small wireless outdoor portable camera that can be moved when needed to catch the perpetrator neighbor that will work with the system in low light. Can anyone recommend a good inexpensive camera?

Sometimes for the life of me don't understand why people spend their hard earned money to deal with an HOA to tell you what you can and can't do on your own property for the welfare of you and your family!

Maybe you need one of those outdoor covert cameras hidden inside a security floodlight bulb? Or perhaps one hidden in a mailbox or a pinhole camera installed in the exterior wall?