joe4

Belden vs. West Penn Siamese?

I am installing 10,000 feet of CAT5 for a network.

I am thinking of CCTV in the future and want to pull the cable now before the construction is done.

My supplier only carries Beldin Siamese, does anyone have experience with this?

Joe,

Belden and West Penn merged together over 2 years ago.. They make the same identical cable, but put individual brand names respectively...

We have used nothing but West Penn cable and now Belden as well.. Never had any issues with their cable. Even thought both of these brands seem little more expensive, it is well worth it! Belden brand tends to be more expensive dependent who you talk to, but the wires are manufactured in the same factories, so there is not difference between Belden and West Penn.

Levon

How much do you guys get a 1000 feet for.

I was quoted $470.00 for Plenum Siamese.

And I thought $170 was allot for CAT5

Plenum ceiling does not mean you need Plenum wire. Plenum ceiling only means it uses the air space above the tiles for conditioning the air below. Lift a tile and it is always cool up there. Plenum wire is fire rated and use only if the Specs call for it. The jacket on the Plenum is weaker and more prone to tearing when pulling (also knots up easier).

Yes, the air return is the air space above. This is for a school so the fire marshal will be watching me the entire time.

I use plenum everything for schools.