mikez

Help: 24VAC to 12VDC?

I ordered two used Pelco CCC1370H-2's but they don't come with the converter so I don't know how to power these on. I'm using a 9 channel 12VDC power supply. What do I need to power these on? Are there cheap converters I can buy and where? Thanks

Edited by Guest

you cant use a converter. Just get a 24 VAC transformer strong enough to power the 2. Probably 40 VA would be good enough.

You have a 12VAC power supply, just use that. If it'll accept both 24VAC and 12VDC, it should work with 12VAC as well.

You have a 12VAC power supply, just use that. If it'll accept both 24VAC and 12VDC, it should work with 12VAC as well.

Sorry, I don't know what I was talking about, but i have 12VDC psu.

Then WHAT IS THE PROBLEM???

First you said:

I ordered two used Pelco CCC1370H-2's but they don't come with the converter so I don't know how to power these on. I'm using a 9 channel 12VAC power supply. What do I need to power these on? Are there cheap converters I can buy and where? Thanks

Then you said:

Sorry, I need an adapter to go from 24vac to 12vdc.

Now it's:

So which is it?

The camera will work with all three voltages... if the camera has a barrel jack and you want to use one those barrel plugs, you don't need any adapter, just a pair of wires from the power supply to the plug. If the camera is like the one showed on the PDF, you don't even need the barrel - the wire ends just push into the spring terminals.

Yeah, ditch the 12V DC power supply, you cant make it work like that efficiently. Just go get you a cheap transformer, they are less than $15.