GiZZeRR

New Geovision user

Hi Folks

I'll give you as much info as I think you'll need to maybe help me with my problem.

I purchased a GV600 16ch card to use with my birdroom and aviaries to set up multiple cameras above the birds nests and stream some of those over the net from my website.

I have a dedicated PC with 8gb ram, dual core intel cpu, 3 drives, one for the Os and Geovision software and 2 more to share the 16ch between. Windows 7 64bit and the usual Java but nothing else.

I think I have everything setup but I'm probably wrong as I have a problem with viewing through internet explorer.

When I input the ip address on another pc on the network, the software keeps wanting to install OCX checker_8500 everytime I log. Should it do this? The jpeg image viewer seems to be the only thing that is working. Do you think I'm missing an install of some sort.

I'll try and post some images but not sure if I'm allowed to do that.

Hope someone can help.

Thanks

John

geo1.PNG.47f3907792052be606ef7f69992ba05d.PNG

geo2.PNG.37d724f6eead90a65eae0a490398a13e.PNG

yes if you want to view via IE you will need to install all the files on the pc your working on.

Most of the time you need to right click on the IE logo and run as admin to install them.

Easier way is to install GV Multi view software which is on the install disc on the pc your trying to view the cameras from.

it gives you an similar interface to that of the main gv software system and in my opinion is far better at view the cameras from a separate location on your network.

Thanks M8, i will try that but I was only trying to see if it worked over the net, will guests still be able to view over the net without installing this software?

Thanks

John

Viewing Geovision from another computer whether LAN or WAN can be a pain depending on what OS those computers are running. XP is usually the easiest to set up. Vista and Win7 made it more difficult with User Access Controls.

For all Os's, it's best to go to Control Panel > Internet Options > Security and add the IP or name of the Geovision to your Trusted Sites (remember to uncheck the HTTPS box). Next, go to the Custom Security Levels > ActiveX Controls and Plugins and check that they are set to Enable or Prompt or just set Security Level to Low. Click Apply and OK. You can reset everything back after you get the ActiveX controls downloaded. For Vista and Win7, you have the additional step of diabling UAC temporarily until you load the ActiveX controls. Reset to previous settings when finished.

Any computer on the LAN or WAN will need to follow the above to access the Geovision server initially. After the ActiveX controls are loaded the first time they shouldn't have a problem.

One note, they have to be using Internet Explorer. Chrome, Safari whatever do not support ActiveX.

" title="Applause" /> Thanks Harrar and Seedigital, I can now access the software on the network and successfully viewed the cameras on my mobile outwith the network. This is going to be a huge learning curve, there are so many options in the Geovision software and I can see it is going to take me a while to find out exactly what I need and what I don't. No doubt I will be back looking for more help in the near future

Thanks again guys.

John

Hi again folks, I'm still having problems. I got my brother to check if he could see my camera feeds and he is also asked to install software. I don't think this is right is it? I want to be able to allow guests to log in to watch the birds while they are nesting etc and not have them asked to install software. I have the server switched on and I have one camera on the system at the moment, this is my address http://87.194.185.249 can anyone tell me what I might be doing wrong?

Thanks

John

Thanks Tomcctv, that is a relief. I was going mad, trying to work out if I had missed something. Was that streaming video or just a still? I assume as I add more cameras to the system, guest will have a choice of which to view?

Cheers

John

Thanks Tomcctv, that is a relief. I was going mad, trying to work out if I had missed something. Was that streaming video or just a still? I assume as I add more cameras to the system, guest will have a choice of which to view?

Cheers

John

hi. yes it was video ... i just used the snap shot to take a still. yes there is options to view other cameras when added.

the active x for your users is only for first time login. after that it will go direct to footage for them.

Oh,oh another problem. I have now 2 cameras installed. Both being monitored but only the 1st camera is able to view over the net. Re-started software and pc several times and still only 1 camera.

2cams2.PNG.66b3cdef29b9d5a1046c39aa4b1b88bf.PNG

2cams.jpg.bb73e3a9ef71acbe59e744034ff9241b.jpg

How is that web user been setup?

Go to the local account edit and make sure that your allowing that user web access to the camera/s

" title="Applause" /> Thanks Seedigital, yes that was the problem

The thing is, I have seen those options before but went right out of my mind. Your help is appreciated.

John

gizzer, is your issue resolved?

it has been stated already, but all new computers acceding your system from the web will always have to download the active x controls the first time. after that, they wont need to download anything if all they are doing is viewing the camera(s) feed.