UnderCover

...one for you physical security experts

Didn't know where this topic would fit, but here it goes.

We have interactive computer kiosks for my employer. We are strategically placing them in public places, and retailers in the area. They are very light, and easy to move, causing two concerns. 1)they may tip over onto a customer or child and 2) They could easily be stolen or vandalized. I am looking for a way to secure them at each site. Main problem is that we don't own the locations, so any modification to the facility may be an obstacle.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Hi can you post a picture of the size of the unit. ??

also another good idea would be to add a tracker to each unit. there not expensive now and it will allow you to track if stolen or moved via google maps

you could even add a shock sensor and you will also know if the unit is being vandalized via the tracker unit alarm

Why not just add some weight?

177838_1.jpg

8x8x16", 28-30lbs., $1.25 at Home Depot... put two or three of these in the bottom of the kiosk and it's unlikely to walk off OR tip over. Add a tracker in the off chance someone decides to bring a hand truck...

Why not just add some weight?

I would agree with this, it would appear that the main concern is the weight, for both safety and security. If you can remove that vulnerability then you can remove the tip/theft danger somewhat. Although not in the security industry our business does have lightweight portable items that are of value to our business, if they cannot be secured to the floor, the they are made heavy.

To prevent or record in place vandalism though you would need the assistance of the others here for designing a small scale mobile surveilance system I would assume.