tplaya07

Need help choosing equipment. Diagram included.

A friend of mine is the president of the HOA. I am helping him setup a camera system around their clubhouse, pool, and playground areas, as they have had a lot of vandalism from teenagers. I have attached a diagram of the layout, and just need some help selecting the right equipment. They are on a tight budget, so I'd like to give them a few options to choose from (one low end, and one mid grade setup). I worked as a low voltage installer for about 7 years, but very little with CCTV.

Camera 1 - this camera will be mounted underneath the overhang of the front door eve. The primary focus is facial recognition of people entering the clubhouse, but if possible, they would also like to be able to clearly identify vehicles in the background (they wanted license plate clarity too, but I told them a single camera could most likely not do both). ~6mm lens outdoor dome camera?

Camera 2 - this will be mounted on top of the flat roof. They would like this camera to have a good shot of persons at the mailboxes, and would also like to capture as much of the playground in the background as possible. Mailboxes are priority. ~6-8mm lens outdoor bullet cam in protective housing?

Camera 3 and 4 - these cameras will be mounted underneath the large overhang (dark red in picture) and overlook as much of the pool area as possible. They claim that teens (without pool keys) regularly jump over the 8' cinder-block wall (bold line in pic) that surrounds the pool area. ~3mm outdoor dome camera?

Camera 5 - this camera they haven't fully committed to yet, but I suggested it was a good idea to get good facial pictures of people entering the pool area. ~6mm bullet cam in protective housing.

A few years back, the vandals used the pool skimmer to reach up and bust the old camera facing the pool, so protecting all these cameras is important as well. Cameras will run 24/7, but lighting at night is pretty good around surveillance areas.

As for the DVR, it needs to be an 8-channel, H264 is preferred and seems to be widespread now anyway. They would like to be able to record at least 7 days at 4CIF before overwrite (~1TB HDD sufficient?). It's not likely anyone will ever be viewing the cameras on site (inside the clubhouse), so live resolution is not a concern. However, remote viewing is essential, as my friend (and a few other members on the board) are away for large parts of the year. So they'd like to be able to view it over the internet at any time.

If I'm leaving anything out, please ask.

Also, I realize the above requirements are more along the lines of a mid grade setup, so I guess a low end setup would be recording in CIF for 7 days, dropping to a ~500GB HDD, and lesser quality cameras.

Clubhouse.thumb.JPG.5509e1113d7f962ad1710c9726dc72f8.JPG

However, remote viewing is essential, as my friend (and a few other members on the board) are away for large parts of the year. So they'd like to be able to view it over the internet at any time

with so many going to be using the remote viewing side then for budget a qvis dahua is a good option iphone/android/ win mobile/ ipad/ pc or mac. not many dvrs allow for all.

your cameras will be a bit of a concern with you only wanting 6mm it may be best to go verifocal. you will have more options for placement.

Why not go for the Qvis Apollo (a Dahua DVR), or Zeus since HDMI is not a concern, 8 channel DVR? I am thinking 1 TB will give you at least 2 weeks using D1 on all channels.

It also seems like vandal-proof varifocal domes like CNB VCM 24VF (since lighting is decent) or KT&C 700 TVL domes may be better especially if people have taken a swipe at them in the past. And I have never really had good luck getting license plates unless the lens is zoomed in (using the CNBs), but then I loose field of view.

You say the cameras will run 24/7...do you mean record? If so motion detection recording from the dvr might be the way to go

For cameras 2 and 5 it seems domes would be better under the flat roof if possible.

Since you did not mention it do you have the cable, connectors and power source?

Thank you for the quick replies.

Tom- I probably did not clarify well enough in my initial post. Remote viewing is essential, but I don't think there would ever be more than 1 or 2 people using it at any given time. Most of the board members are older retired folks in their 50's - 60's+, and although they did have cell phones, I don't think any had smart phones, or would ever use those types of features. If a DVR has the feature, great; but it's definitely not a necessity if that feature costs more. They mainly just want to be able to sit down on a computer somewhere and log into the web browser stream to check up on things.

As for the DVR, I have heard a lot of great things about the Dahua brand, but have only seen them sold on Ebay and dhgate.

Regarding the camera lenses, I am not set on any particular one. I merely mentioned the 6mm and 3.6mm ones more as question whether these would be the preferred lens for the viewing areas I illustrated. I am not opposed to varifocal, and have looked at those as well (and definitely provide more flexibility), but also seem to cost significantly more than their fixed counterparts.

jxk716- Cameras 2 and 5 will be mounted on top of the flat roof, which is why I mentioned bullets rather than domes. I just took a look at the Qvis apollo you mentioned and it looks nice. I also really like the motion sensing feature. It brings up a few questions though...

If an 8-ch DVR can record D1 at 60FPS, does that mean that if I have only 5 cameras connected, it will record at 12FPS (60FPS / 5), or does each channel have a max of 7.5FPS that it's limited to? Also, with motion sensing, if camera 1 (for example) has a lot of activity, but all the other cameras are still, will it only record that single cameras activity at a very high FPS (60FPS at D1)? I guess my confusion is in how the DVR distributes the overall FPS while recording when using the motion sensing feature.

Lastly, I see that some DVRs don't come with any hard drives, while others have options to add additional HD's. Since I'm an IT person now, I have access to tons of HD's. Is there any stipulations on what hard drive can be used?

If an 8-ch DVR can record D1 at 60FPS, does that mean that if I have only 5 cameras connected, it will record at 12FPS (60FPS / 5), or does each channel have a max of 7.5FPS that it's limited to? Also, with motion sensing, if camera 1 (for example) has a lot of activity, but all the other cameras are still, will it only record that single cameras activity at a very high FPS (60FPS at D1)? I guess my confusion is in how the DVR distributes the overall FPS while recording when using the motion sensing feature.

the 4 channel Zeus I have can record up to 30 FPS on channel 1 and 7 on the rest regardless of motion from each camera. So, its limited to that per channel. I just created an AVI file of footage from my home today at 7 FPS and it is more than enough for evidence.

Lastly, I see that some DVRs don't come with any hard drives, while others have options to add additional HD's. Since I'm an IT person now, I have access to tons of HD's. Is there any stipulations on what hard drive can be used?

I am almost certain they are SATA. Sorry but I don't think I am allowed to post websites.

And then there is all the free downloads from Rory (the Dahua Santa Claus) like single view, portable, and a buch of others that make remote viewing fun and easy. Pss and the IE software are great but Rory's stuff enhanses the experience

I'm going to put together at least two quotes for them. How does this system look for a low end option?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Samsung-SDE-4001-8-Channel-DVR-Security-System-6-Cameras-Night-Vision-/390380628972?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5ae47fabec#ht_2698wt_858

I know it's a refurb, doesn't have as many domes as I'd prefer, and all lenses are 3.8mm... but does anyone have any experience/feedback with this system? It seems to be a PoE system, as Cat5 seems to be the only wire running to it. The kits includes (6) 60ft Cat5 cables, so I know I'll need to buy a few 75-100'ers. But is there anything else I would need to install this system (besides conduit, router for internet, LCD monitor, and battery backup / surge)?

I'm still looking into the Dahua and Qvis DVR options as well with some higher quality Speco, Bosch, or Sony Cameras.

tplaya07 i see you seen the part about referb. thats crap it will be a return buying that system you are going to be very limited you have to buy there cameras (just a basic cameras is $180) if any from the kit went down. this is called a rg system NO bnc connectors. also you are limited to the distance you can have cameras from the dvr. even using there lead kits you still have a power problem (as power is direct from dvr)

and the other problem is EBAY. can i just point out the system you have listed is CHEAPER off ebay. and you have posted a referb (secondhand) for a lot more than new.

ebay nust have a good return and backup policy ( i dont think so)

OK. I found some reviews of this model at Costco that claim the quality is mediocre at best. So we'll rule this one out.

I like the Dahua DVR's, and the Qvis, but there was next to nothing listed for cameras that I could find. And I'd prefer to get everything from the same place if possible.

I've also been looking on 123security as they seem to have a very large selection, but the DVR prices are much higher. Is there any other websites that I can look at that have a wide selection of items that I can compare features?

As for the mid/higher end option, I think I have decided to go with a Bosch setup, as they seem to have a good reputation here from some of the other topics I've read. Does Bosch sell any DVR's without the HD? In looking at pricing/specs, it seems that DVR companies charge an arm and a leg for upgraded hard drive sizes and DVD-RW options (both of which I have access to being a network administrator).

bosh are now hybrid with the dvr still only in cif but limited to cameras (IP) but if you have a 2-3k budget then there are other hybrid systems.

bosh have remote app problems so make shure the one you pick does have remote viewing.

other hybrids .

3xLOGIC’s

aver

qvis

or build your own nvr some ip cameras

And I'd prefer to get everything from the same place if possible.

After just beginning to install camera systems I too used to look for all in one packages and found a better bargain, for quality and price, going with different websites. Don't get me wrong, I am not a pro by any stretch...just a guy who helps out friends/family and the occasional customer. But I learned a lot about all aspects of installation on this forum, some of which I would have never known.

One dealer has a great price on good DVRs while their cable and/or cameras are not as good; Very rarely do I find everything all in one. I have also used surveillance-video's web site for the CNB's and never had a problem; they always had good prices on those cameras but I am not crazy about their power sources. Others have complained about that company in general.

Camera systems are kinda like a neighborhood without a large supermarket: awesome bread at the bakery, fine meats at the butcher and the best produce at the corner stand.

@tom - I plan on doing a regular analog setup, not hybrid with IP cameras.

@jxk - Gotcha. There just doesn't seem to be many DIY friendly CCTV websites out there (that I could find) that have a nice variety of brands to choose from.

Maybe this will make things a little easier... Being that the basic requirements are listed in my original post, what would you guys recommend for;

Low-end system $500-750 for equipment?

Mid-line system for ~$2000 for equipment?

Links/prices for items suggested would be appreciated.

Can't do pricing links here. Check out my sig link videos- keeping in mind the vids are screen captures so they are compressed a bit for that format. I also have tons of pictures in the camera forums. Look up my posts to see them. My eight channel system came in at about 1k, installed myself, and is what I consider to be a low-mid line system. I use a qsee dvr and gadspot cameras. Not top shelf, but I've seen MUCH more expensive systems look nowhere near as good as my system looks. If good installation decisions aren't made, even the best of systems won't do much. Someone else suggested varifocals. Very good idea for some of your locations.

You should consider an 8 channel system, even if you don't fill all channels at first. You will though, and probably should. You say you're getting vandalized. Cutting corners is not condusive to stopping vandalism. Don't cheap out now.

Cam 1- could be a fixed lens cam as it's a choke point. A 1/3" fixed 3.6mm lens would give a good wide view, with the most useable ID shot when they're about 8' or less in front of the camera.

Cam 2- [new position] Installed around the same area as cam one, only this one should be more like a 1/3" varifocal such as 4- 12mm, or 9-22mm. This will provide the detail you need for the parking lot out front. One fixed-lens wide camera will not provide that detail out by the parking lot.

Cam 3- [previous cam 2] 1/3" varifocal 9-22mm. Make the FOV tight to the playground.

Cam 4/5- [previous 3/4] 1/3" varifocal 9-22mm and plan on making the FOV in the higher [tighter] range, approaching 22mm to cover the pool.

Cam 6/7- [previous cam 5] These two could be positioned like your old cam 5. One in your old cam 5 spot, the other on the opposite corner. These could be 1/3" varifocals 4- 9mm and they would cover the back by the pool, only the closer foreground areas by the bushes in front of the pool.

Cam 8- [previous cam 5] 1/3" varifocal 4- 9mm to cover the side of the building and get another angle of the mailboxes.

I am NOT a pro. Just a DIY'r. But this is what I'd consider, taking into account what you want to cover. If you have enough exterior lighting, you can do without IR's in the cameras. If IR's are included in the cameras, get TDN in them as well so your daytime colors are correct. Good luck with your install!

Dan

Maybe this will make things a little easier... Being that the basic requirements are listed in my original post, what would you guys recommend for;

Low-end system $500-750 for equipment?

Mid-line system for ~$2000 for equipment?

Links/prices for items suggested would be appreciated.

HI. there is no such thing as low end system for $5-700. you miay see them for sale at ebay or sams club but they are just made up of junk. no name brand. so no support and most of the time very bad images and in some cases you cant play footage back.

the least you should be looking at is budget named units. still come with problems but have support

q-see

avtech

cnm

for your $2000 budget then you will have support and software updates keeping your system much more upto date than any of the above.

aver.

dahua qvis

everfocus

sanyo.

box systems everything in 1 box are a waste of money. buy the time you have changed the bad components like camera cable / power supply and replaced some of the cameras because you cant see at night or it does not cover the view you need. you do end up spending more

How does this look for the low end option (approx. $925 for parts/materials)? It's only a 4-ch setup, so they have no room to expand....but I will quote them 8-channel equipment in the higher end option.

---$200 CNB HDF1212 4-Ch DVR, H.264 Max 120fps recording @ CIF Free DDNS Service Simplex Function,No HDD

---$100/ea 3x CNB LFL-20S MONALISA 3.8mm Vandal-Resistant Eyeball Dome, 600TVL

---$90 CNB WCL-20S MONALISA WEATHERPROOF IR - 600TVL 6MM FIXED LENS, 34 LEDs, UPTO 90FT, DC12V

---$50 Altronix Sav4D 4 Output Power Supply, 12VDC @ 5 Amp, PTC Circuit Breaker, Grounded Power Cord, UL Listed

---$100 500’ of RG59U Siamese (power included) wire.

---$75 500GB Hard drive

---$100 for conduit, fittings, hardware (approximately 170’ of conduit) and other accessories (BNC crimp tool, BNC connectors, etc.)

CNB cameras are good. and much better than the budget no name.

the problem is the DVR. 1. in your plan you need more than 4 ... 2. the cnb is D1 only on first channel and the rest is cif.

if your budget is only allowing for 4 cameras. i would still allow for a 8 way dvr and add cameras later. otherwise you will be buying twice.

cameras are fine. but i would say atleast by a full D1 recorder (you will wish you had)

Tom - as mentioned in my first post, they are not fully committed to Camera 5 yet, just something I recommended to them. That's why I posted/asked for opinions on the 4-ch setup as a cheaper alternative.

As for the only recording D1 on channel 1, I didn't even notice that, and I'm glad you caught that. Since the cameras seem to meet your approval, if I just substitute the CNB DVR for a Dahua 8 ch ($170 w/o HDD from Rory's site) or a Qvis Zues 8-ch, does everything else look good? I couldn't find it in the description or data sheets, but I assume the CNB domes come with the surface mount and the bullet comes with the wall mount, correct?

Ouy. Why do I bother when it goes completely ignored. Your camera choices, although good quality cameras, will do little to ID in most situations according to your diagram and distances. Trying to cover the distances you listed with fixed lenses will do almost nothing in the way of making positive ID- at least not 3.8mm fixed. You'll see the kids, yes you will. But unless you know them well, all you'll do is look at the footage of them doing the damage and say man, I just can't see any detail at all 60' out. In which case, just get one camera and put it up at the entrance and call it a day. Nice and cheap. That's the only camera that you stand a chance at seeing anything useable. Good luck, which you'll need.

@shockwave - I never disregarded anything you mentioned, but your talking about adding another 3 cameras which would cost $300-400 more for the low end option, and $600-800 more for the high end. Not to mention, moving from fixed to varifocal lenses for the low end option will easily add at least another $50-75 per camera. I do plan on quoting varifocal in the high end option though.

As mentioned, I am a noob when it comes to CCTV (which is why I'm here asking for advice), but I figured these were these best choices considering what they wanted. My rational was that the two 6mm bullet cams were mounted on top of the flat roof in positions 2 and 5. Position 5 is about 20ft from the entrance gate, and 6mm supposedly gives about a 12ft horizontal view from this distance, which I figured would be adequate. Would this not suffice as a decent option for facial recognition? Position 2 is about 20ft away from the mailboxes, providing a 12ft wide view at this point, but also seeing the playground (50ft to center of playground) in the background at about a 30ft wide view. Facial recognition isn't a huge concern at this position, but I figured the 6mm would at least give a pretty good shot of a person's features? Cameras 1,3, and 4 would be the vandal proof dome cameras and all are 3.8mm fixed. I thought this would give a good facial shot of anyone entering the building and at least good enough to tell the type and color of cars driving by in the background? Cameras 3 and 4 are just there to survey the pool area and see what's happening. Contrary to my first post where I mentioned that they merely had an 8ft tall cinderblock wall along the back, my friend reminded me that they had also just recently mounted a 5ft tall chain link fence on top of that cinderblock wall. So, I don't think they'll continue to use that method to gain entry as it's now a 13ft drop to the concrete pool deck. So, if there is any vandalism, I'm hoping that cameras 3 and 4 can provide enough detail of the person's to be able to match them up on the choke point cameras 1 and 5.

Lastly, here is what I've come up with for the higher end system. Thoughts and feedback are appreciated. (~$3300 cost);

---$1200 Samsung Security SRD-870DC 8 Channel DVR, 500GB, Coaxitron, DVD, H.264, D1@240FPS

---$230/ea (4x) Bosch VDC-455V03-20S 1/3-inch 540TVL 2.6-6mm Lens Impact-Resistant FlexiDome XT+ Camera, Surface Mount

---$190/ea (2x) Bosch VTI-216V04-2 WZ16 Integrated Outdoor IR Bullet Camera, 3.8-9.5mm Lens

---$85 Bosch ALTV248UL3-BOSCH Bosch ALTV248UL3 8-Channel Steel Cabinet Power Supply, 120VAC Input, 24-28VAC Output

---$200 1000 of RG59U Siamese (power included) wire.

---$150/ea (2x) 1TB hard drives (in addition to the 500GB). Should easily provide over 30 days of recording at full D1 resolution.

---$150 for conduit, fittings, hardware (approximately 170’ of conduit) and other accessories (BNC crimp tool, BNC connectors, etc.)

---$100 LCD monitor

Q-see 408 dvr. Around 260 to 280 in cost when you shop around 500gb hd included, and you can put a 2tb in if you wanted. Doesn't sound like anyone in your group is hugely savvy or even needs an amazing dvr. I have this dvr and it kicks butt and I'm sure would offer everything you'd typically need. Let people here crap on it. All I know is I have it and it's excellent.

http://q-see.com/products/security-product.php?ProductId=297

Gadspot cameras of any sort you need. You can get 650 tvl varifocal cams for 65 bucks, or spend a hundred on even better cameras. Gadspot? Who are they! My gadspots have been through high summer heat & humidity, 15 F freezing temps, heavy fog, a hurricane, flooding rains, and snow. They continue to kick arse. All I know is I remotely view them every single night- wonderful views. Get just four or five and then fill out the system as funds dictate. It's easy enough to come by a hundred bucks every so often for another good camera.

Gadspot cables. 100' is 13 bucks, 150' is 18 bucks. Is it great cable? No, there are better cables of course. But my cable is taking a lickin and it's still tickin. It's an area where you can save some money up front and be just fine, no matter how many people say it ain't so.

Gadspot 9 channel power box- 60 bucks. You could hold off on that and just use the power adapters that come with the cameras into a good quality power strip in the beginning.

All tolled, an eight channel dvr, eight fine cameras at around 75 bucks each, eight 100' lines, maybe 100 bucks for misc hardware, and you're looking at a very capable system for around a grand or so. And that's a full system. Take some cameras out in the beginning and it'll be less up front. Surely someone in the group can come up with an 15" or 19" lcd for nothing, or cheap. Point being, a system like this isn't that much and will give you what you need- lots of good views, remotely as well, without spending thousands. All the stuff I recommended here, people will hop in a say it's crap. I respectfully disagree. I only know it's all working flawlessly for me. It's not that complicated or expensive if you don't make it so. You just can't go too cheap. At that point you're really wasting your time and money. Just try not to let the powers that be insist you throw up a system for a few hunderd in garbage. You have to spend at least a grand to get something that will actually HELP you for all the effort you put in. That's it- I'm outa bullets! LOL! Good luck.

Edited by Guest

Also check out the KT&C 700TVL cameras, some good quality at a low price.

Im installing 20+ of their indoor domes right now, and a half dozen of their TDN IR Bullets.

That's in addition to a couple CNB WDR indoor domes, and a few no name cameras.

47 cameras.

For Power supplies look no further than Altronix.

They are King of CCTV Power Supplies.

The WZ IR Bullets, I've used them and never was impressed.

We chucked most of them in the trash and thats the god honest truth.

In fact I have one sitting here on the ground in front of me which I was going to use as a dummy camera, and I rarely do that.

Ofcourse I am certain they have changed from one model to the next, but be warned the WZ models are their budget line, yet normally costs double the price of other brands.

BTW 3.8mm will unlikely provide any facial recognition unless the camera is just a few feet from the object.

What kind of IR distance are you looking to achieve, and what is the location of the IR?

You might want to check out this camera:

http://www.ktnc.co.kr/english/viewtopic.php?t=929

For shorter IR (30-40'), visibility in near pitch dark with IR turned off, and next to invisible IR (940nm):

http://www.ktnc.co.kr/english/viewtopic.php?t=927

here is a sample of that camera .. light on, light off.

and this is what the location looks like with a Color IR camera with light off.

ktnctdn.jpg.799d219a458e0b32737ebe8941875d4d.jpg

cheapcolorIR20-30feet.jpg.69df52592f2527bbba8b7c605cdd8277.jpg

Lastly, here is what I've come up with for the higher end system.

Define "higher end"

These days cost does not necessarily tell us how good a product is, especially when dealing with big brand names. This is even more true when dealing with Infrared. When it comes to IR bullets, most big brands just relabel something out of Asia, literally. Now when it comes to extreme infrared, thats a different story.

Extreme CCTV IR cameras used to the the king - now, although their IR is great, IMO their cameras suck as they put them all in one - btw Extreme is now owned by Bosch, but they literally have done away with most of the original Extreme CCTV designs which made it King. Originally Extreme sold on the use of 2 separate cameras, one for day and the other for night and IR - now that was great, it worked great, they still work great (I have one in the field for 10 years now) - nobody else was doing this (now some Asian manufacturers try to mimic it but they still dont even come close). NOW, having one camera do the job of two and really only doing a good job at one application (IR), yet charging a fortune for it .. IMO its not worth it. I've used the new Bosch IR cameras and I was not impressed with the day image, especially since it costs over $2000. The IR does blow away the average TDN IR bullet though.

In reference to DVRs, I used Kalatel for years (later sold under GE), they were at the time the king of DVRs, literally they were awesome, after all there wasnt much else out there anyway - DM was twice the price and about the same anyway (shipped in from the UK). There were no Bosch or Samsung. And the Kalatel price tag was huge, $5,000-10,000 first cost easy for a basic 16 channel DVR, depending on what HDD you ordered it with (average diff between HDD sizes was $500). When I say basic, a $140 DVR these days blows it away in features, and unlike with budget DVRs a few years ago, these are actually stable. Back then for a 1TB DVR you were paying anywhere from $8,000-$12,000.

Not to mention we had to REALLY use a specific HDD when the HDD failed .. or they were next to useless - I think it was like a Samsung 5400rpm IDE drive, which literally was special ordered - sure there were later power upgrades that allowed 7200rpm drives etc, and since then I HAVE used other drives, but in many cases at the time the power upgrades came along with a cost to travel for training just to obtain the kit. Since then it's changed but thats how it was at one time. Recall prior to the Kalatel DVRs we were using VCRs and for remote video we used telephone transmission devices - this was just before Broadband Internet. The Kalatels later branded under GE were some of the first real DVRs with networking features.

After that era came the "better" generation of PC DVRs (eg. Iview, Geovision, and many others), though that was also based on the upgrades to the OS used for them, eg XP, which got much better from SP2 onward. As the PC DVR got better I switched as I needed higher than CIF resolution for backup (GE-Kalatel DVRs only ever had limited evidence sharing resolution) - lets just say that was fun and leave it at that. Dont get me wrong, PC DVRs has its place and I still support them, but in most cases I simply switch them out for a stand alone now - but each case can differ.

Back to stand alone DVRs ... even 2 years ago, Avtech was king of budget DVRs, it was THE goto for budget DVRs. Sure there were Aposonic, Argus, and others, but Avtech was and still is known in the CCTV industry for that. However, it lacks in more areas than I care to speak of in this post, lets just say I personally had one for a few years - it was free - but everytime I had to backup video it was like pulling teeth. I eventually just gave it away.

Then like the spider along came the new generation of Chinese DVRs .. full of features and loaded to the teeth with the latest firmware, software, and support for all of the grandest of mobile phones and tablets - at SUCH a low price tag. You have DVRs from Chinese manufacturers with HDD support of up to 24TB+ , while more well known larger Korean brands such as Samsung could only dream of it. Real time D1 every channel is now affordable for everyone, including the poor. Regular firmware updates, full SDK availability, and online support that in many cases beats the big brands .... what else can one wish for?

So higher end .. its just a word these days.

Well golly, I LOVE pics! Here's this mornings snow storm in the early stages, all with the equipment I've been talking about.

177911_1.jpg

177911_2.jpg

177911_3.jpg

177911_4.jpg

Affordable doesn't have to mean junk.

Edited by Guest

Well golly, I LOVE pics! Here's this mornings snow storm in the early stages, all with the equipment I've been talking about.

I miss New York alot, but the snow I do not.

I left right after the blizzard of 96 .... that seems like a whole life time ago.

Anyway going to turn the AC on to try and get some sleep now

LOLOL! I knew you post something about like that Rory! This will end at about 5". I don't like the snow either my friend. AC...ya mofo!

Love the blue just before dawn in this shot.

177914_1.jpg

177914_2.jpg

Maybe I'll post some more later when it's deep. Gotta sleep before the dig out.

Edited by Guest